RF link display using the ATtiny85

I think you are right it does look like a timing problem.

I,m sure you have the necessary skills to solve your problem.

Make sure you download the data sheet for the 85. It has all the information you will need to setup the timers.

Cheers.

By default, the Tiny Core uses timer 1 for millis on the ATtiny85 processor. You will either need to use timer 0 (which is much more "Arduino friendly") or move millis to timer 0. There is an option in core_build_options.h to easily switch millis to timer 0.

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=60239.msg678567#msg678567 date=1328398045]

By default, the Tiny Core uses timer 1 for millis on the ATtiny85 processor. You will either need to use timer 0 (which is much more "Arduino friendly") or move millis to timer 0. There is an option in core_build_options.h to easily switch millis to timer 0.

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! That could have caused some bizarre bugs if I tried to do some timing.

I have given up on using VirtualWire for now and have added interrupt driven message reception to the Manchester library which I am already using. Full details are available here: http://mchr3k-arduino.blogspot.com/2012/02/wireless-sensor-node-part-6.html