RF remote for LED strips (only one Arduino)

I need to control two LED strips remotely (they're only going to be about two feet away from the transmitter, but manually "reaching over and turning them on" is not an option). Space for the receivers is extremely limited so I need something as small and unobtrusive as possible. What I'm wondering is this:

Could I get a couple of those cheapo RF remotes off eBay (ex. link), use just the in-line receivers for the LEDs, and then just get an RF transmitter (ex. link) to hook up to the Arduino?

Ideally, I'd like to control both strips with the same transmitter and since the receivers would run on the same frequency (I'd just buy 2x of the same item), I'm assuming that a single transmitter would do the trick. Also, if it makes a difference, the LED strips have their own 12v power supplies so the receivers would just be wired in-line.

EDIT: I also need it to act as a toggle switch, not a momentary, but I've read that to do that, some transmitters need to transmit constantly. That would be a battery drain so I'd like to avoid that if possible. It looks like the receivers in the link do have the capability to stay on so the issue might be with the transmitter?

I guess the question now is: does anybody have any experience at all with these RF remotes?

Googling for "433mhz arduino" will find you dozens of hits on the subject. The are examples of bot sending control signals to the plug modules as well as receiving signals from the remotes. Here are some examples of what you might find. There are also many threads in this forum.

http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/HomeEasy

This is highly doable.

majhi:
I also need it to act as a toggle switch, not a momentary

These things all work by transmitting short commands -- "unit X, switch ON". There is no situation requiring continuous transmission. That is not actually allowed on the 433MHz band. All approved devices can only send periodically and for short duration.

The issues I foresee are if the two switch units can't be controlled independently because they both response simultaneously to the same command.
And if the radio protocol of these specific units isn't already reverese engineered and documented somewhere, you would have extra work to do to figure it out, but there are good examples of how to do it.