RF Wirelles Control

Hello!

I have been having problems to use this RF control:

The remote control frequency is 433Mhz, but the "RCSwitch.h" library dont work with this.

I tried use too IR protocols to try decode ("IRremote.h" lib), but I receive "FFFFFFFF" only... (PS: In the place of IR receptor I put my RF receptor, only to test).

Has anyone ever used it or have a idea of how this work?

Thanks!!

Are you sure it is an IR device and not just a 433MHz radio?

Yes, it is a 433Mhz radio, I used the IR library only to test if work, but I dont detect any information received.
I tried also the normal serial in diferents baudrates and nothing...

vbrenner:
Yes, it is a 433Mhz radio, I used the IR library only to test if work, but I dont detect any information received.
I tried also the normal serial in diferents baudrates and nothing...

Wait, how did you expect to receive a 433MHz signal using an IR library? That makes no sense to me. I'm pretty sure there are some 433MHz libraries out there. Just do a quick google.

vbrenner:
Hello!

I have been having problems to use this RF control:

The remote control frequency is 433Mhz, but the "RCSwitch.h" library dont work with this.

I tried use too IR protocols to try decode ("IRremote.h" lib), but I receive "FFFFFFFF" only... (PS: In the place of IR receptor I put my RF receptor, only to test).

Has anyone ever used it or have a idea of how this work?

Thanks!!

Your picture is of the TRANSMITTER device. What are you using for the RECEIVER device and how is it connected to the Arduino?

Paul

Power_Broker:
Wait, how did you expect to receive a 433MHz signal using an IR library? That makes no sense to me. I’m pretty sure there are some 433MHz libraries out there. Just do a quick google.

At first I used the rc-switch, that is able to decode many RF protocols. I tested many kind of controls and works fine! But when I use this control nothing hapenned.

After, I conected my receiver in serial port of my Arduino Mega, and again, nothing hapened. (This test i maked using diferentes values of baudrate)

As I saw many controls RF with tha same appearence, I thinked that this control could be coded like the IR protocols, then I test using the IR library (Honestly I dont think that could work, but I tried.)

I opened the remote control but de encoder IC have the identification grated, and because this, I can’t found the datasheet or the protocol used.

Paul_KD7HB:
Your picture is of the TRANSMITTER device. What are you using for the RECEIVER device and how is it connected to the Arduino?

Paul

I am using this one:

and connecting in the 4th interruption (Pin 19)(when I use the rc-switch library), and of course, the vcc and gnd.

What is the remote control intended to be used with?
Looking at the buttons on the transmitter, it seems that its intended to be used with some application that needs incremental changes, in which case its likley to be a proprietary protocol which you will have to reverse engineer.

mauried:
What is the remote control intended to be used with?
Looking at the buttons on the transmitter, it seems that its intended to be used with some application that needs incremental changes, in which case its likley to be a proprietary protocol which you will have to reverse engineer.

Originally this device is to control a LED strip, like this:

I thinked use this remote control to trigger some solenoids and relays.

I am trying understand this protocol, but I dont have a osciloscope or logic analyzer.
Another dificults is that I have not found the datasheet of the remote control IC.

I discovered the funtions of some pins:
the pin 9: LED
the pin 4; VCC
the pin 11: GND

Someone knows a rf encoder with this caracteristics? Or tips to help me discovery?

You can use Audacity,Download | Audacity ® as a simple PC based CRO which will get you started.
But reverse engineering unknown data protocols is difficult and time consuming.