RF24 python example -- pinMode: You have not called one of the...

Scratch this, wrong forum. Apologies.

Old issue: I was having a problem porting some C++ code to Python on an RPi, forgetting that an Arduino wasn't involved anywhere. Turned out it was a bug in the RF24 library itself due to a recent update to the RPi. The bug has already been fixed so nobody else should run into the issue.

Your having a problem with some Python code ?

srnet:
Your havong a problem with some Python code ?

Seems that way.

alzee:
Back again with another RF24 @ RPi question.

I've decided to try porting my server from C++ to Python to make it easier to do some things, but the python examples exit with the pinMode error, as does the absolute simplest example I was able to come up with:

You might be more likely to get advice on a Forum that deals with the RaspberryPi.

...R

Robin2:
You might be more likely to get advice on a Forum that deals with the RaspberryPi.

...R

Honestly I completely forget where I am at times.. I've been using these things so much on the Arudino that I forgot the RPi isn't an Arduino, even when I type it out. Thanks for the reminder. :slight_smile:

alzee:
Your havong a problem with some Python code ?

Seems that way.

Then ask for support in a Python support forum.

srnet:
Then ask for support in a Python support forum.

The OP's problem is specific to an RPi and is not a general Python issue. PinMode is not a common feature in PC programming :slight_smile:

...R

alzee:
Scratch this, wrong forum. Apologies.

Please restore the Original Text so that other people reading this Thread can make sense of it.

By all means add Scratch this, wrong forum. Apologies. at the bottom of the text

...R