rf95_lora problem

hello i want to send data from LORA device to my java server that has IP an port number for my university project. is this possible by using rf95 library ?? and if not ..what is the solution for this

You need two LORA radios. One is your device. The other has to function as a bridge between LORA and the internet. RF95 can connect the two LORA radios if LORA is supported. This should be enough information to kick start a university level research project.

aarg ,

thank you for your answer

but i already had the gateway and i dont know how to post from my gateway to my server

anglo_sherif: aarg ,

thank you for your answer

but i already had the gateway and i dont know how to post from my gateway to my server

Then the RF95 library is not part of your question. Presumably, it's already able to communicate between your gateway device and your remote device. Your task, unless I misunderstand, is how to relay that information from the gateway device to the net that the java server is on. How is IP connected to your gateway? Are you using Ethernet or wifi? There will be a library for that device, that will have example sketches for TC/IP communications and so on. Your other task is a Java server question, how to comply with the server protocol. But that isn't an Arduino question, necessarily.

It is often assumed that because LoRa is used somewhere in a project, then when the project as a whole does not work or needs some design its an problem with LoRa.

A LoRa library is for communication between two LoRa devices, if you wish to send data received by a LoRa device to somewhere else than that is a job for another library.

So your question really should be, I have some data (and where it comes from is not particularly significant) and I want to send it to a java server on the network\Internet.

srnet

yes exactly i want to send data from my LoRa device to a specific server which has ip and port number.

is there a library that can do this ?

aarg

true i want send from the gateway to my server but there is a problem that the lora chip iam using has no wifi on it

anglo_sherif:
but there is a problem that the lora chip iam using has no wifi on it

That not a problem with the LoRa device at all, there are no ‘LoRa’ devices with WiFi on them.

You either need to add a seperate WiFi device or a Ethernet device.

There must be gazillions of tutorials out there on how to connect Arduinos to networks\Internet …

anglo_sherif: true i want send from the gateway to my server but there is a problem that the lora chip iam using has no wifi on it

I explained that aspect in excruciating detail in reply #3. Did you read it?