RFID door strike with push button to unlock from inside house.

Hi guys, i’m doing a small project on RFID door strike with push button to unlock door from inside house.
However, when i push the button, nothing happens. Pls help!

Btw, this code is not mine, i only did some changes to my liking.

How my program is working: 12v supply connected to npn transistor. when correct rfid tag is detected, output go to npn transistor, resulting in HIGH, so 12v will pass thru and go to door strike which will unlock the door. Then, if Master card detected, RFID reader will stay in master mode for 30s, until another card is tapped. if card is tapped, check if it is saved inside EEprom or not. If not saved, add in card id to eeprom. If saved card is tapped after mastercard, it will delete that card id from EEprom.
Basically, add/delete rfid tag thru a master card. Also, i have another DEL card to delete all rfid tags in eeprom. Tap mastercard then tap DEL card to delete everything.

Now, i want to add a push button so that i can unlock door from inside house. I connect push button output to same output of rfid output, to npn transistor for unlocking door. BUT, when i push the button,
nth happen. button suppose to unlock door, " led(9) " "delay(3000) " " led(10) ’ unlock door 3sec then lock.

pls pls pls i really need help.

P.S code is not mine, i really appreciate the person who has put up this code on the internet for others to see. i only did some changes

real_add_delete_transistor_ALLdelte_button_press.ino (21.6 KB)

heyyyy uh any1 knows? pls pls need help!

"How my program is working: 12v supply connected to npn transistor. when correct rfid tag is detected, output go to npn transistor, resulting in HIGH, so 12v will pass thru and go to door strike which will unlock the door."

You have the transistor in the wrong place.

An NPN transistor switches to ground. Put the latch between 12v and the collector of the transistor. Make sure you have a resistor of about 10k in series with the base.

Weedpharma

Two and a half hours and you are complaining?

This is a volunteer forum. It could be days before someone takes an interest.

Weedpharma

@weedpharma, ok noted, thanks for the reply tho. sry, i forgot to mention that the npn is working fine without the push button. as in, when the correct rfid tag is detected, the lock opens, no problem. its only the program code for the push button that i cant understand what went wrong.

Thank you

I cannot read the code on my iPad as you have attached a .ino file.

Please put your code in its own window as seen in other posts. This can be done by placing     [code]  and [/code]  around the code or use the </> icon. This makes it easier for others to read.

Weedpharma