RFID Sport System

So my idea is: use RFID to sense an object, after a certain amount of seconds a mini phone vibrator will Buzz and a buzzer will sound.
When the buzzer sounds, the next second on a computer/interface/HUB via wifi or bluetooth it will take away 1 point from their score.

there will be 12 units sending signals to a main hub. (or it could be split 6 and 6)

I am looking for hardware suggestions and setup ideas for the main hub and RFID/NFC recommendations

so far hardware i think i should use :stuck_out_tongue:

-LilyPad Arduino Main Board-
-SparkFun RFID Starter Kit
-Lipo
-phone vibrator.
-small speaker

Thanks for helping!

You need to say if you need to sense more than one object in the field at any one time. You also need to say what sort of reader to tag range you need. Then you can specify what sort of reader / tag you need.

Just one object. So one RFID Number. The distance is a 1.75 Inches

OK so a cheap reader is the RC522, mifare reader looks like it will do it.

So i am looking at this hardware setup

-Feather huzzah esp8266 (wifi in for Hub communication)
OR
-Arduino MKR1000 ( a bit pricey)

and the SparkFun RFID Starter Kit with ID-12LA

Now is RFID The best way to go or should i use some other method.
My GOAL is to sense the RFID, then if it is still there after 6 seconds the Arduino's wireless sends a signal to the HUB to remove a point each second after.

and the SparkFun RFID Starter Kit with ID-12LA

Well it interfaces through serial not SPI so you have to use software serial.

But your required range is well within the limits. However I can't understand what the real application is.

My GOAL is to sense the RFID, then if it is still there after 6 seconds the Arduino's wireless sends a signal to the HUB to remove a point from the score, after each second that passes.

That is the whole point^

Again it doesn't have to be RFID it could be some other method like a Reed Switch or something?

Can't the ID-12LA send that data to the Huzzah board?

That is the whole point^

Well if you say so. You have said what you want it to do but not convinced me as to why you want it to do this, still.

Can't the ID-12LA send that data to the Huzzah board?

Not sure, you need a free serial port, does this have one? It mentions a serial converter from USB for uploading but it is not a spar UART, and I am not sure if software serial will run on this processor.