RFID

I have a basic project that i need the code for. Or at least understand how to put the code in. I have an RFID board RC522 and relay board. I need to wave the RFID tag and be able to send a momentary pulse to the relay board of about one second. I'm just sending a 12 volt signal from the relay board to control a lock. A green and red led would also be great to know if the signal from the card is read correctly. So far, I've been able to upload the RFID library and verify the cards are reading. I know zero about this coding so I have no clue where to start making things happens once the RFID is read. Knowing what to put where is great, but I would like to understand the why as well for future projects .Thanks for your help

Read the card

Is it valid?

if yes - write a pin high for 1 second, then low (or inverted for some relays)
if no - do nothing (or possibly flash the RED LED for a second)

If you say " I know zero about this coding"

does this mean you are just about to start learning to write programs at all
or
does it mean you don't know where to start implementing some special lines of code into an existing program?

What will be really helpful for you depends on your knowledge-level. Everybody here started as a beginner.
(maybe some started at the age of 5 but still was a beginner )

If you write "at least understand how to put the code in" do you have some example-code for the RC522 RFID-reader?
If yes post this code and a concrete question.

If you google for Arduino RC522 you will find quite some projects. You should show some more effort than just asking for help.
This forum is to support learning. not posting ready to use code.

best regards Stefan
by the way while typing this posting I was listening to a cover-song from Scary Pockets "Dream"
ingenious good music

StefanL38:
If you say " I know zero about this coding"

does this mean you are just about to start learning to write programs at all
or
does it mean you don't know where to start implementing some special lines of code into an existing program?

What will be really helpful for you depends on your knowledge-level. Everybody here started as a beginner.
(maybe some started at the age of 5 but still was a beginner )

If you write "at least understand how to put the code in" do you have some example-code for the RC522 RFID-reader?
If yes post this code and a concrete question.

If you google for Arduino RC522 you will find quite some projects. You should show some more effort than just asking for help.
This forum is to support learning. not posting ready to use code.

best regards Stefan
by the way while typing this posting I was listening to a cover-song from Scary Pockets "Dream"
ingenious good music
Dreams | Fleetwood Mac | funk cover ft. Elise Trouw - YouTube

Ok, I know zero about Arduino coding. I can do some crazy things with automotive wiring and integration. Arduino is completely foreign to me. I can read projects from the book and make them work, that's about it. Unfortunately, none of them do exactly what i need. I've pulled up the RFID from the library, and read the cards but that's the extent of it. I have no idea how to make it send a signal to a relay board, how to write the code for that, where the code would even go in or how i would incorporate leds into this. I've watched hours of youtube, but they're either not doing exactly what i'm needing, or do a bad job of explaining the code

Are you willing to learn, or would you like someone to write this code for you? If the latter, report your post to a mod and qask to be move to the gigs and collaberations section.

missdrew:
Are you willing to learn, or would you like someone to write this code for you? If the latter, report your post to a mod and qask to be move to the gigs and collaberations section.

I would rather not just have it written out, that doesn't help to understand what goes where. I've watched about ten different videos on the RFID, all seem to have different libraries that they tell you to download. Right now i have a very basic library called Addicore_RFID_example. It does nothing but read the card. I would like to be able to activate a red and green led dan relay board when the card is swiped. Red for wrong card, green for right card. So i guess my question would be how do i do that. Where does the code go? I'm assuming different pins can be wired in different configurations because i've seen the leds wired different ways to different pins. These videos just make it more confusing because the library example are different and the wiring is different for basically the same project.

You should consider another approach to realise this project:

investing 30 to 50 hours in learning programming and while doing that asking a lot of questions here in the forum.
As long as the forum-members can see some own effort of you to learn you will get answers.

Though if you don't want to invest these 50 hours into learning you might invest 100 hours into working on projects you can earn money with to then have the many to pay somebody to develop the code for you.

Most videos showing projects are made by amateurs. I mean amateurs about explaining. They are all good and experts about the project itself but bad at explaining it. I would estimate only 2 to 5 % of "explaining" videos do the job well.
So if you go on watching videos, as soon as you would have to rewind to hear something again. Save time and drop the video trying the next one. Me personally I prefer reading over watching. I practised this methods with books when I was studying mechanical engineering. I opened a page in the middle of the book with the subject I was working on and read one paragraph. If I did not understand it I just put the book back on the shelf. Sometimes I had to take 20 books in my hands until I found one that explained the subject in a way that was easy to understand.

A programming course about the fundamental basics of programming which I rate as good is this one
Take a look into this tutorial:

Arduino Programming Course

It is easy to understand and has a good mixture between explaining important concepts and example-codes to get you going. So give it a try and report your opinion about this tutorial.

best regards Stefan

I've posted in the gig page to get this project going quickly. This will probably help me out quite a bit seeing the code that applies directly to what I'm doing. After more videos last night, and doing some of the basic projects, this is clearly going to be a long process. I've downloaded several tutorial apps because I definitely want to understand what I'm doing and why and I've got several more projects. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.