RFM69 repeater example please.

Question withdrawn.

Regards,
Gov

Did you already implement a repeater for other modules?

If so, what's your problem with the RFM69?
If not, what makes you think that a repeater is possible at all?

Maybe no-one has published a 'simple repeater' sketch ?

The send and receive examples are there in the library, you have presumably got them worlking ?

So modify the receive example by having it wait for an incoming packet and then add the bit of code that the TX uses to send a packet, dont worry about the receive and send being the same at the moment. When its working start then worry about how to get the TX bit to send what was RX.

If you want someone to write the coide for you go over to 'Gigs and Collaborations' and ask there, saying how much you are prepared to pay.

A "simple" repeater sketch will use two modules, set to different frequencies or channels, and copies input and output between these channels. That's why no such sketch exists for a single module.

Look at mesh networking. It sounds like that's what you're really looking for (nodes that pass messages between them on the network, until it reaches a gateway).

Thank you.

I am not attempting to send packets down a mesh network, exactly. The following documentation heading : “CREATING REPEATING NODES” implies that what I seek to do is common as a feature of <MySensors.h> library functionality.

As a prerequisite to coming here to the forum, I muddled through this library and the sparse code on this subject. As a results of that epic fail, my beacon for help includes the exclusion of MySensors.h because it’s multi-layered and beyond my capabilities to date.

The <config.h> library portion contains this:

• The MySensors Arduino library handles the wireless radio link and protocol
  • between your home built sensors/actuators and HA controller of choice.
  • The sensors forms a self healing radio network with optional repeaters. Each
  • repeater and gateway builds a routing tables in RAM or EEPROM which keeps track of the
  • network topology allowing messages to be routed to nodes.

<--------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt from : MySensors Library - v2.x | MySensors - Create your own Connected Home Experience

CREATE REPEATING NODES

If you live in a Faraday’s cage or a huge mansion you might need a few repeater nodes to cover the full >> area. This is when the build-in repeater functionality comes in handy.

To turn a node into a repeater, you’ll have to remember a couple of things:

Enable repeater-mode by defining the following at the top of the sketch:

#define MY_REPEATER_FEATURE

Keep node awake all time (no sleeping!). This means a repeater can’t be battery-powered.

<---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you kindly for taking the time to think through my question and offer an answer.

Gov

Its unclear exactly what you are asking the forum for assistance with, you quote a lot of code from;

But your first post says explicitly;

There's one exception. Please don't refer to MySensor code.

A 'repeater' is really quite easy on these tranceiver based modules, such as the RFM69.

What was wrong with the advice in post #2 ?

You will have to figure out what it is you really want. I'm not familiar at all with this "mysensors" library. I've been fiddling a bit with the Radiohead library, though.

To have a node act as repeater or relay with the Radiohead library you basically have it receive a message and send it out again. It seems that only works for broadcast messages as targeted messages you won't see, and you don't want a mesh type of network (which would most likely do exactly what you're looking for: getting messages to go from one end to another without direct connection between the far ends).

THANKS ! I sincerely appreciate your time and explanation. I will concentrate on it.

Best regards,
Gov

wvmarle:
To have a node act as repeater or relay with the Radiohead library you basically have it receive a message and send it out again.

Well, exactly.

But its been suggested as an approach twice and the OP does not seem interested in that (simple) approach.

Indeed. So in the end OP just wiped their question...

The RFM69 uses the Semtech SX1231. The packets are received into a FIFO.

If the packet is no grearter than the size of the FIFO (66bytes) it ought to be possible to leave the packet in the FIFO and turn around the SX1231 at register level into transmit mode, and hey presto the received FIFO is transmitted.