Rgb controller

I'm not sure if this has been asked before , but what I'm trying to do is make a rgb, controller with arduino.. I need it to be used witg wireless rf control.. also has be enable to handle a,12v.. I want the controller to handle a 3 zone set of led strips independent of each set..so for instance zone 1 would be strobing while zone 2 would be fading and zone 3 would be strobing. .. this is just one of the examples .. I'd just like to know what be most practical way to set this cause it'll have to be 6.00cm x 6.00cm..in size or close to it.. or if aNY threads on here about this can you please post

What is "witg wireless rf control"? Google does not immediately provide meaningful answer.

to handle a 12v... a 12v what?

You want to control three RGB strips? The Arduino Uno (and other '328p-based Arduinos) only has 6 PWM channels - for three independent RGB strips, you need 9 channels (1 red, green, and blue each for the three strips), so you'd need to use a larger Arduino board (maybe a Mega?).

I believe TLC5940 can drive 12V LED strips:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/integrated-circuits-ics/pmic-led-drivers/2556628?k=tlc5940
With 16 channels, can support 3 x RGB no problem.

witg wireless rf control..

with wireless rf control, I assume?

There are various wireless shields, including blutooth and Wi-Fi, that can be added to the Arduino. Or, you could do something with IR (like a TV remote).

Making this thing wireless is like making two projects... The wireless part is a "bigger project" than the RGB control, and I suggest you research and experiment with that first. (Or start with RGB, but work on the wireless separately until you get it figured-out.)

If you want a transmitter and 3 receivers, that's probably going to require 4 Arduinos and associated circuitry.

Typically, RGB LED strips just need a transistor or MOSFET (and a 12VDC supply) to "boost" the Arduino's PWM outputs. For Three RGB LED strips, that's 9 channels = 9 transistors or MOSFETs.

During development, it's probably worthwhile to get 3 regular little RGB LEDs (which can be directly driven by the Arduino with no additional hardware). Then, once the software is done and the wireless is working, you can hook-up the LED strips.

so for instance zone 1 would be strobing while zone 2 would be fading and zone 3 would be strobing. ..

Once you can dim one LED or one "channel", you should be able to figure out how to dim/control the other channels. If you are new to programming, work through some of the examples and study the language reference. Then you should be able to write a sketch (program) that's customized for your requirements. The dimming/strobing should be (relatively) easy but the wireless stuff will get more complex.

The main concepts in programming are conditional execution (if-statements, etc.) and loops (doing something over-and-over, usually until some condition is met). Note that you don't have to do exactly the same thing every time through a loop... You can be incrementing/decrementing a counter, or increasing the brightness of an LED, etc.

...cause it'll have to be 6.00cm x 6.00cm..in size or close to it..

What has to be that size? The transmitter? The receiver? Everything gets harder when you try to make things smaller! You're probably not going to fit an Arduino, power supply, and 9 MOSFETs in a box that small...