RGB LED fader connecting problem

Hey..I have got my first arduino and it's parts..I was thinking about creating a rgb led fader from adafruit arduino lesson number seven...So i will use 3 resistors (270 ohm) for the led..So will i need resistors for the buttons? in the tutorials, there wasn't any other resistors...And i couldn't go to the electronics shop again for lot of time..I'm using uno r3 -Nexusrex

For the buttons, if you wire them between the pin and ground so that the make the pin LOW when pressed and use INPUT_PULLUP in your pinMode calls to make them HIGH when not pressed then you won't need any additional resistors for the buttons.

Adafruit Lesson 7 : https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-arduino-lesson-7-make-an-rgb-led-fader/

Well..I've seen the tutorial..Will i need a resistor or just like the tutorial without the resistor..Also what about the IDE..Which version is better for the tutorial (size less than 100 megabyte)

-Nexusrex

size less than 100 megabyte

??

No resistors for the switches just use INPUT_PULLUP as Delta_G says

Well..Have you seen the lesson? Well..It's better to see the lesson before answering..

This sketch uses 1,556 bytes (4%) of program storage space of an UNO, not 100 megabytes. I wouldn't worry about which IDE to use for this simple stuff. Just use the latest stable IDE if you can.

You may have learned to use a resistor with a switch, because a floating pin is bad. e.g. a pull-up resitor to make the pin "high", and a switch to ground to make the pin "low". No problem to do so, e.g. with a 10k pull-up resistor. The code: pinMode(redSwitchPin, INPUT);

The designers of the micro saw this coming, so they added pull-up resistors inside the chip. You just have to enable them with the code: pinMode(redSwitchPin, INPUT_PULLUP); Now you don't need external pull-up resistors. Leo..

About the IDE..I meant the IDE zip not the code of the tutorial. Hmm,well Leo..All i understood that there is no use to the external resistors..I use the same as the code of the lesson or i add that part you told me about?