RGB LED strip help

Hi guys so i'm buying a 5050 rgb led strip and i'm connecting it to my arduino UNO so my question is can the arduino power 2 meters long led strip

You will need an external power supply for DC power. What strip are you considering buying (neopixel) ?

thank you for replying i'm buying this one http://www.amazon.fr/Auralum%C2%AE-Color-4500LM-Flexible-Contr%C3%B4leur/dp/B00H8MKA7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451784404&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=rgb+led+strip+5050&psc=1

You might want to research these: DOT STAR or NEOPIXELS.

why can’t i just use the 5050 strip ?

You can do. But: With the others suggested, you can turn any combination of numbers , on, off, brightness and colour.

Edit: I use NeoPixels

You can. It has all the red LEDs commoned, all the green LEDs commoned, all the blue LEDs commoned. With neopixels for instance you control each LED individually via a serial protocol - dumb RGB strips cannot do this, but run at 12V which tends to mean longer runs are possible without wiring losses being noticable.

See: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide?view=all

thank you for replying guys but i think i'm sticking with the 5050 strip cause it's brighter than the others So can the arduino power 2 meters long led strip

omarbentaleb: thank you for replying guys but i think i'm sticking with the 5050 strip cause it's brighter than the others So can the arduino power 2 meters long led strip

No, as previously stated.

You need an external supply.

1. The LEDs require 12V Issue: Arduino has a 5V and 3.3V supply pin.

2. The LEDs (1m) takes about 14W...or about an Amp per meter (I = P/V = 14/12 = about 1A). Arduino 5v Pin, even if stepped up, could not power even 20cm of strip.

can i use batteries to power it (2 meters) i have AA 2450 mah 1.2V

1.3V charged ish...so you need a 10AA pack holder.

They will also last for about an hour.

A better option is an actual 12V 5A power adapter.

so you're saying that i need a 12V 5A to power 2 meters long strip

Take a look at this thread.