Hi! My first post in this forum, i wasn’t sure in which forum to post so im gonna try here.
I have been working in a project to teach myself programming in the Arduino, it’s an RGB Matrix driven by shift registers with many features:
- 24 brightness levels for each color for a total of 13,824 possible colors
- Color control by Hue, Saturation and Lightness or RGB
- External 256Kb ram for layer or frame storage.
- Layer system with masks, overlays to create graphics ( for example you can draw a background gradient with text scrolling on top of it)
- Animation system, up to 1000 frame animation.
- text scrolling
- i2c slave interface for control
- Display a text message
- Receive an animation and display it
- Complete control of graphic library (layers, masks, overlay)
- After text scroll, animation, or graphic operations had been received, all processing is done by the shield.
After finishing it i though it could be great as an independent display for the arduino, so I developed it as a shield, but then i came across the Sparkfun Serial RGB Matrix. But still i think my shield offers way more abstraction that may be useful to someone.
So i want to know if anyone is interested in the shield. If enough people are interested i’ll make one batch.
I’m going to post a video tomorrow of it working! Still in breadboard.