RGBdriver library very slow ?

Hello,

I am trying to do a Halloween project that has 4 RGB led strips I want to control independently.

I have 4x this driver: board and I'm using a library called RGBdriver.h by Frankie.Chu.

I have the driver boards connected in series and to a promini. I think it's all set up right. The leds are updating really slowly. I isolated it to the RGBdriver code section which is this:

Driver.begin();
 Driver.SetColor(ledLevel, ledLevel, ledLevel);
 Driver.end();

If I print millis() directly before and after this code section the difference is ~200 msec. Eliminating the prints doesn't change the led update rate.

Is there anyone familiar with this library and it's performance?

Does anyone know if I can use another library with this driver board that is faster?

Anything I can do to make it faster?

Thanks!

Can't see the library code, it's inside a .zip file. A strange way to use GitHub!

Possibly the library is using software SPI ("bit-banging", like shiftOut() function) rather than the Arduino's hardware SPI?

Can you post the complete code? I timed the code you posted and it only takes a bit over 10 milliseconds on a 16MHz Uno, if your pro mini is running at 8MHz I would expect approximately twice as long, but nowhere near 200 milliseconds.