RHT03 to LCD First Project

Hello all!!!
So I’m pretty new to the programming world, and definitely new to Arduino (First post baby!). Seeing if any of you sly dogs could help me out.

Problems:

1. I would like to find a way to get the temperature to read Farenheit rather than Celcius.
  2. I would like to show the humidity and temperature with some decimal points if that’s possible.
  3. If you notice in the code I always set the cursor to (0,1) but the second print code always shows up on the second line(which is where I want it but i don’t think that’s how it should work).

Specifics:
I’m using a breadboard to hook up the RTH03
I’m using a Grove-base shield and the v1.1 serial LCD driver

#include <DHT.h>
#include <SerialLCD.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h> 

SerialLCD slcd(11,12);
DHT dht;

void setup()
{
   dht.setup(5);
   slcd.begin();
   slcd.backlight();
   slcd.clear();
   slcd.setCursor(0,1);
   slcd.print ("Humidity/Temp");
   slcd.setCursor(0,1);
   slcd.print("by Lucas");
   delay(3000);
}

void loop()
{
   delay(3000);
   slcd.clear();
   slcd.setCursor(0,1);
   slcd.print("Humidity:");
   slcd.print(dht.getHumidity(), DEC);
   slcd.print("%");
   slcd.setCursor(0,1);
   slcd.print("Temperature:");
   slcd.print(dht.getTemperature(), DEC);
   slcd.print((char)223); //degree character
   slcd.print("C");
   delay(1000);

}

Welcome to the Forum. You have posted code without using code tags. That can be a problem. Please read these two posts:

How to use this forum - please read.
and
Read this before posting a programming question …

The code tags make the code look

like this

when posting source code files. It makes it easier to read, and can be copied with a single mouse click. Also, if you don’t do it, some of the character sequences in the code can be misinterpred by the forum code as italics or funny emoticons.

Many questions can be answered by simply reading the documentation which is provided with the IDE, available under the help tab, or online here.

If you have already posted without using code tags, open your message and select “modify” from the pull down menu labelled, “More”, at the lower left corner of the message. Highlight your code by selecting it (it turns blue), and then click on the “</>” icon at the upper left hand corner. Click on the “Save” button.