RN171 WIFI shield- Can't enter Command Mode

Hello everyone,

I'm using RN171 with Arduino UNO, to communicate with Cooking Hacks ehealth Android app.
I've connected the RN171 to Arduino UNO in this fashion.

-> Arduino UNO 3V3 to RN171 Pin 1
-> Arduino UNO TX to RN171 Pin 2
-> Arduino UNO RX to RN171 Pin 3
-> Arduino UNO GND to RN171 Pin 10

I'm not able to get into Command mode of RN171. When i type $$$ i'm getting a error command.

Please check the screenshot: Dropbox - Er2.JPG - Simplify your life

Any kind of help is appreciated :confused:

One thing I noticed is that you have "Both NL & CR" selected in the bottom right. I believe the option you want select when you type in "$$$" is "No Line ending". Note that for typing commands (like "reboot") after you enter command mode, the bottom right needs to be set back to "Both NL & CR" (though for me "Carriage return" works fine).

Here is a link that explains it more (Go to "Connecting to a Network"):

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/wifly-shield-hookup-guide

Another thing could be you might already in CMD mode (you should be able to check this by typing in a command like "reboot" and seeing what happens).

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for your reply crossrunnerzero.

No its not in command mode. And i'm aware of this "No Line Ending" and "Both NL&CR" selection. Its somewhere in a AP mode called web-app. There are many users with same issue and only one solution happens to work.

This new firmware is a disaster, it must be downgraded to 2.32 or 2.36 from its ftp server. ADHOC facility is depreciated in this new firmware too, which is a requirement for my project. So getting downgraded is the only solution. Triggering the hardware by making the GPIO9 pin of RN171 high to get into ADHOC mode is not working too.

For downgrading i need to access a archived image of their ftp server, ftp://rn.microchip.com/archive/
but this shield is not getting connected to other AP to get internet access for doing the upgrade.

Following are the errors i'm receiving in my terminal.

factory RESET
Set Factory Defaults

reboot
Disabling AP mode
RebootWiFly WebConfig v1.12 Jan 17 2014 10:24:06 on RN-171

Mac Addr=00:06:66:90:60:5f

READY

AP mode as WiFly-EZX-5f on chan 1

DCHP Server Init

set wlan auth 2 (WPA TKIP)
AOK

get wlan