Roaming with SIM800?

Hey,

I am making an application using a SIM800H module,
when I send the AT command CRAG it returns 0,5 when I'm in another country.
0,5 means 'Registered to network and roaming'.

However, sending data doesn't work now. So I think I need to enable roaming or some sort.

Anyone knows how?

Document;
http://mt-system.ru/sites/default/files/documents/sim800_series_at_command_manual_v1.10.pdf

Does the set up works when you are not roaming? Does your SIM have roaming contract?

The SIM modems (800 /900) does NOT support 3G/4G only 2G. So if the network operator request to use the 3G network for startup (this is determid by the operator when programming the SIM card) it will not be possible to register. so it might work in your country but not with the roaming operator.

Do you have enough power sent to your SIM800? powering directly from the Arduino is usually not sufficient for connecting or communication.

J-M-L:
Does the set up works when you are not roaming? Does your SIM have roaming contract?

The SIM modems (800 /900) does NOT support 3G/4G only 2G. So if the network operator request to use the 3G network for startup (this is determid by the operator when programming the SIM card) it will not be possible to register. so it might work in your country but not with the roaming operator.

Do you have enough power sent to your SIM800? powering directly from the Arduino is usually not sufficient for connecting or communication.

Yes, it does work in my own country. Yes it does have a roaming contract. And it does work with my battery.

I think there is a AT command to enable roaming but i cannot find it.

Check GSM Registration Status

AT+CREG – This command checks GSM registration status.  Without GSM registration, you should not attempt to attach to GPRS or performing any dialing function.  By default, a modem will attempt to automatically register with a network without you having to invoke any action.
      * AT+CREG?
         * 0,0 – SIM Error
         * 0,2 – Searching
         * 0,3 – Registration denied
[color=blue]         * 0,5 – Connected roaming
[/color]         * 0,1 - Connected

have you checked what you get? are you sure the carrier in the foreign country accepts non 2G card (if this is what you have?) maybe your carrier locally does but not the foreign one.

also look at the word roaming in this doc

@Jezzeah22 I am also facing the same issue. Were you able to solve the issue?