@ Robin2 Planning and Implementing an Arduino Program

I hope this is ok I made a pdf of your Planning and Implementing an Arduino Program By Robin2. Thanks for sharing your time.

I think everyone should read this it's great write up and save a copy to reread as you go so I made it into a pdf. I have dyslexia so I some times need to look at A to B to get me working LOL.

Anyways here's to Robin2 and many thanks. The pdf is too big to attach so there a link.

programming pdf

If it's ok I can make it look like a book and it could be maybe added here some where In your Name It is really good reading. For someone to learn how to program. Clear thinking and layout of code.

Thank you for your kind words.

I would appreciate feedback from some of the other experienced contributors about the value / desirability of a PDF version.

I can see the value of being able to download the thing and read it off-line.

When I want to do that (with other web pages) I usually save the page a single MHT file. Firefox has an extension strangely named UnMHT which facilitates that. You can, of course, also save a web page as HTML - but then it will be in several files.

...R

It's 27 pages you can't upload it here that's why I put it on Google. Most people don't even know you can save a whole tread but I do think it be a good thing if you made it into a PDF and they posted it here. It be a lot of help for beginning a program

I always save them to pdf using the print to pdf.

By all means make the advice in the thread available as a PDF but as most people will not take any notice of it anyway I suspect that it will not make any difference. The thread has had plenty of views but from the questions continually raised here and the obvious lack of planning in code posted here I am not convinced that many people read it all and/or take notice of the excellent advice that it contains.

Now, if the advice could be made available directly from the IDE, perhaps as a nag screen (until disabled by the user) when the IDE is started then it might reach a larger audience.

Make it into a You Tube video. The problem might be that nobody knows how to read (or write) anymore.

I will think more about this and I may create a PDF myself from my original files.

...R

Great idea you should make one its really good writing. Very well thought out. I just posted this to give you the idea. Cause its maybe the best 27 pages of how to write your own code Ive seen. Most people leave to many parts out. That's why you read a lot of it don't work and why this over and over again.

...I am not convinced that many people read it all ...

Horse...water...drink.

To me, if it means one person doesn't ask the same question we've answered here a bazillion times, it's worth it.

econjack: To me, if it means one person doesn't ask the same question we've answered here a bazillion times, it's worth it.

Tell that to those who don't put their code in code tags. So simple but seemingly many cannot be bothered to read the very obvious stickies at the top of the forum or if they do they ignore the advice given.

Italics and smileys in code anyone ?

By all means let's have Robin's advice as a PDF in as many places as possible but don't expect too much to change.

Italics and smileys in code anyone ?

That can happen without you meaning too I don't no how many times I've went back to add space between : ) too keep from getting a :) It happens a lot if your code has html in it like for the ESP8266. So not all smileys are smiles LOL.

No need to add a space if you use code tags of course

:)

It happens with code tags just not the :) I use code tags and you get a purple smiley posting html code used with the esp8266

Please can you provide an example of the problem showing where it happens inside code tags ?

I was just looking for the code I posted

It made two purple smileys And I post electro- tech-online it happens there too But I look after I post and try to reread and fix stuff like that.

One of the main points of code tags is to stop the text of code being interpreted as HTML and I can’t recall seeing an example where it failed to do that.

I never seen it happen myself till I updated this laptop to windows 10 it maybe edge. I posted some LUA code with embedded html in the LUA code and got 3 purple smileys there's no purple one even in the list on the left

be80be: I hope this is ok I made a pdf of your Planning and Implementing an Arduino Program By Robin2. Thanks for sharing your time.

I think everyone should read this it's great write up and save a copy to reread as you go so I made it into a pdf. I have dyslexia so I some times need to look at A to B to get me working LOL.

Anyways here's to Robin2 and many thanks. The pdf is too big to attach so there a link.

programming pdf

Thank you for the .PDF! It is VERY useful to be able to PRINT OUT this wonderful tutorial for reading off-line.

--Terry Dr. T. Rowe

I agree with Gromit, well done be80be and thank you, anything that makes reference easy has got to be a good thing.