robot arm + arduino uno

hey guys some time ago my brain had a idea why not build a robot arm controlling with a joystick and using arduino uno i have the all ingredients but now i need some programing i am using arduino uno + USB Host Shield + Adfruit Motor Shield i have connected the usb host shield upload code plug in my joystick works perfect same with adfruit motor shield now i need a little guidance (assume google) in hooking the code in overview it should look like this Joystick give the command to motor simply as possible any one have same idea or are im the first one 8)

Joystick give the command to motor simply as possible any one have same idea or are im the first one

A robot arm typically can rotate about a fixed base. It can rotate up and down at the base, too. In addition, it has an elbow type join, that lets the hand move towards or away from the base. Finally, it has a wrist joint that provides two degrees of motion, and a gripper that can pick things up.

Which of those 5 rotation axes do you want to control with your one joystick?

How many motors does your arm have?

What kind of motor are they?

If your motors are DC motors, does your arm have any feedback sensors? If so, what kind and how many?

for this project i use owi arm simply as possible the motors are standard dc for now one without sensor for the joystick im using Saitek Cyborg X and want to be able to operate the 5 dc motors in the future i want to put there a comos camera and a wi-fi for wireless communication

Take a look at http://www.instructables.com/id/Intro-and-what-youll-need/

for this project i use owi arm

The video I looked at used 5 joysticks to control 5 axes. Which ONE axis do you want to control with your ONE joystick?

PaulS:

for this project i use owi arm

The video I looked at used 5 joysticks to control 5 axes. Which ONE axis do you want to control with your ONE joystick?

he could use the back&forth movement, the left&right movement, the back&forth throttle movement and the 'fire button' as gripper close button, which already gives 3 axis and the hand itself.. so for example the turning with the back&forth, the shoulder with left&right, the elbow with throttle back&forth and the gripper with the 'fire', so only the wrist is left if i'm not mistaken?

dont now if u see this he have a small joystick witch go in 4 axes and a small roll but next q is that the adfruit motor shield can run only 4 dc motor and i was thinking that the one from the rotting 270° connect alls a steeper but let me now if there is a shield that can handle up to 6 dc motors or i need to build

i think it's easier to use servos for this project..

you don't need a shield for that, just make sure not to take the current needed for the servos from your arduino. Give them the same power source, but split it up to an arduino part and a servo part, because otherwise you'll surely exceed the amperage limit on your arduino.

servo is for nob im a nob now but want to skipped that and build something dissent have fast all but dont now how to write the code do i need to include button push in the code or can i make that in a different way

THX_RoG: servo is for nob im a nob now but want to skipped that and build something dissent have fast all but dont now how to write the code do i need to include button push in the code or can i make that in a different way

This seems to be a random sequence of words. If you can't be bothered to ask a coherent question, why should anybody bother to try to help you?