Robot Compass 2 questions

Hello World, My name is Dave_P and I am new to your
forum, I have 2 questions about a robot compass board

Would I need a fixed X 0.0, Y 0.0 location start point beacon for
a robot with a compass board to reference?
Can I program a robot course in G code and use only X axis values
and C axis rotations to move along an arc/circle or in a straight line?

Not enough information. Please read and follow the directions in the "how to use this forum" post.

Dave_P:
Would I need a fixed X 0.0, Y 0.0 location start point beacon for
a robot with a compass board to reference?

You would need a starting location (if what you are trying to do requires a starting location). At the moment, nobody yet knows what you're trying to do, since you haven't mentioned anything about what you're aiming to do, and what the situation is.

Can I program a robot course in G code and use only X axis values
and C axis rotations to move along an arc/circle or in a straight line?

You probably need to define x-axis value and 'c-axis rotation'. If you want a robot to accurately move in a circle or in a straight line automonously, and without following marker line (underneath the bot), then the bot would likely need some kind of ranging system, where it can get accurate information about its current position (from say microwave beacons or something located around the room, or GPS system if it is outdoors and able to receive GPS signals).

I minor disability (called A.D.D.) The start point would be the zero corner (X 0.0 , Y 0.0, C 0.0) My Dual motor Differential needs a Micro-Controller. Arduino micro-controller might be what I am looking for. just read about the robot Compass and Ultrasonic Range finder. But I don't know enough about Anduino. Does it require special software or proprietary language. Can Arduino understand (.cad file) , (G codes) The reason I am asking. The robot is a zero turn so with the Arduino micro controller,compass , range finder, will that technology be enough to allow me to program moves in ( X ) , ( Y ) & (( C (rotation) .
If size is a factor the robot will be about 30" long X 20" wide X 24" tall weight between 200-250 lbs. My grandson talked me into doing this project. So I really don't want to buy any more than what I need. I just need it to move in X,Y & C

Thanks for your replies
Dave P.

This is a very challenging project for a beginner with Arduino. Your robot will need wheel encoders to estimate X and Y, and perhaps a compass to measure the angle. Lots of people have made such robots - start here: How to Build a Robot Tutorials - Society of Robots and expect to spend several months building it. Or buy a robot and learn to program it.

Thanks for the info links... I am a C.N.C. program developer but very green at robot building.