Robot needs to be controlled via any remote (Suggestions please)

Hello there guys,

We are designing a project namely "Fire Fighting Robot". Almost everything is done and planned, but we need to control our robot using any transmitter. We want to control 4 DC motors (2 H-bridges), DC pump & 1 servo motor using our transmitter.

Which transceiver would you suggest? that gives us the response without any delay.

We have already worked with ESP8266, but I heard that it is not well-compatible with Arduinos and it will give some errors. Any other suggestions?

If ESP8266, then can you kindly guide us using some links etc?

A general RC hobby transmitter and receiver from say Futaba would be ideal?

Futaba Tx and Arduino

anyone else?

I’d go with the model R/C rig too.

Hi

control our robot using any transmitter

I’m confused, “any transmitter”.
In your “fire fighting robot” final finished state, do you want any one to pickup any transmitter and control it?

Please reread your first post and “please explain”.

Or are you searching for a single Tx/Rx system to control your robot?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

My preference would be to use a pair of nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz transceivers - one on the robot and one for an Arduino used as the controller. With the nRF24s you can send data (numbers or text) to the robot which IMHO gives you a lot more scope for control. Also it would allow the robot to send data back to the controller.

I am using them for controlling battery powered 00 gauge model trains. The locomotive sends its battery voltage back to the controller.

I got my nRF24s working with this Tutorial

I recommend using the TMRh20 version of the RF24 library - it solves some problems from the ManiacBug version

The pair of programs in this link may be useful. They are derived from my train control system.

...R

I would ask you to think about what you want. if you want a hand held that has all the switchs and such on it. then get a common R/C type remote.

if you want to make your own, then pick what features wyou want, speed control lights flashing, whatever you like.

and you can buy a relay remote and set it fro either momentary or toggle and that that and put it into your enclosure with your large buttons, remove the relays and use the output to the pins of the Arduino as if they were switches.

the answer is what you want. a common looking unit or a crude slapped together unit, of a fancy glowing home-brew unit, why not add smoke and lasers ?