Robot Tank with Airsoft Gun attached. HELP!!

This is my first forum so please forgive me! But I want to start building a small robot tank with an airsoft gun attached. I want to use an arduino board but I am unsure about a lot of things. First, I want the board to control 4 motors for the tank treads and 2 servos for the gun. Which board would best suit me? Also, would it be possible to use a PS3 controller to control the tank and gun? I am really overwhelmed with info and not sure how or where to start! Any feedback is appreciated!

Which board would best suit me?

Any Arduino would work, with the right motor driver shield/board. Some make it easier to connect shields than others. The UNO is a good beginner model.

Also, would it be possible to use a PS3 controller to control the tank and gun?

What is the Arduino going to be doing, then? If all the controlling is done from another device, forget the Arduino and get an RC transmitter/receiver.

I am really overwhelmed with info and not sure how or where to start!

Start with a really ambitious project that will overwhelm you and leave you frustrated and annoyed. Oh, wait. You already are.

i want the PS3 contoller to control the tank similar to how they work in video games. I know that's a bad example to give. Maybe eventually make it autonomous. But for now would it be best to not use arduino? Wouldn't the arduino need to control the servos that will move the gun?

Wouldn't the arduino need to control the servos that will move the gun?

I have an RC controller that can handle more than steering and speed. Yours should be able to, too.

Where would the Arduino get the needed input to control the servos?