robot to reproduce an image

Hi,

I want to start a project, but don't know where to start. (then I start to read about arduino, yes I'm a newbie)

The main idea:
1.) Load image from computer (max. 1m x 1m)
2.) Analyse the image. (Get the rgb values every 3-5 mm)
3.) Get a colored woodbox (they are sorted in several boxes)
4.) Reproduce the image

Ok, what I read from the forum is following.

1 - 2 (image): should be done by computer, because the araduino doesn't have power
3 - 4 (robot): ok this, can I make like a cnc robot (I hope)

But the image problem is driving me crazy. I already though to print it and use a rgb sensor to analyse every 3-5mm, but this needs a lot of memory to save data, or? Does somebody have some tips/ideas/pages to check?

many thx

But the image problem is driving me crazy. I already though to print it and use a rgb sensor to analyse every 3-5mm, but this needs a lot of memory to save data, or

If you have the image already on the computer (see [1]), why wasting paper for a print and use an expensive color sensor to scan it again? If the image is not in the computer the easiest way to get it there is a camera.

Sounds similar to the below "wooden mirror".

I have the image in the computer, but right now i have no idea how to automatically get xy coordinates with a rgb value.

I need something where i can say:

1. start here and tell me the rgb value
  2. go 4,9mm to the left and tell me the rgb value......till to te end of the image
  3. Go a little bit down and to left and start again analysing (the wood boxes are round that's why a little bit displaced.

After i all have the coordinates and rgb values, a robot should take one round wood box and place it somewhere else. and so on and on....this I will do it wich if clauses (where color this is go to this box, start vacuum and pick it up, place it to this coordinates. I forgot the color of the image are reduced, so there won't be the problem that the computer doesn't know the wood box.

Check out Processing.org, similar in programming to the Arduino language, but for computers:

The PImage object contains fields for the width and height of the image, as well as an array called pixels[] which contains the values for every pixel in the image. A group of methods, described below, allow easy access to the image's pixels and alpha channel and simplify the process of compositing.