Robot Tracks, 360 degree servo for Motor

For starters forgive my ignorance as I am just learning.

I will start with what I am trying to accomplish, I 3d printed a little track controlled robot with my kids. I am using an RC transmitter to control the robot arms and that works great...

I would like to be able to drive it like a tank with the rc transmitter assigning channels 3 and 2 to go forward and backwards with my Arduino uno to process these commands.

I have already modified my servos for 360 rotation

I have grabbed some example code and am able to read the inputs from the receiver on my arduino Uno

The results I get are static 1400 stick up 1800 stick down 1000..

I don't want to get too fancy with different speeds and I know if I use 0 and 180 in the my servo write I should get full rotations one way or another.

How can I translate the inputs of 1800 to a 180 or 0 write to the servo so when I push the stick up the servo moves until the input is dropped back to 1400..

I may answer my own question as I work through this but thought I would reach out to the forum for guidance and ideas.

Thanks

How can I translate the inputs of 1800 to a 180 or 0 write to the servo so when I push the stick up the servo moves until the input is dropped back to 1400..

Start by looking at the map() function to translate the ranges of values

I have already modified my servos for 360 rotation

How? If you removed the position sensing potentiometer you no longer have position control, you can only adjust the direction and speed (RPMs).

I just removed the mechanical block on the servo. For the tracks I only want to control forward backward and maybe at some point rpm.

Thanks I will look into the Map function