Robotic arm doesn't work.

Hello,
After spending 3 hours trying to get this code to work I tought it would be a could idea to see if anyone could help me here. I tried following howtomechatronics tutorial on how to make a robotic arm and I managed to get the hole hardware part done but unfortunately the code doesn’t work. The tutorial was made for using an HC05 bluetooth module and I use an HC06 module. I tried changing the code for it to adapt to the HC06 module but I cannot manage to do so. The arm just starts shaking when I change the values on the mit app inventor app.nI will include the code for the HC05 module and then the code I tried to modify. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.
Thanks in advance.

Here is the link to the website with the default code

Please read "How to use this forum - please read" at the top of the forum. It will give you some idea of what we need to see before we can help. It includes your actual code, details of the components you are using including how everything is powered and preferably a circuit diagram.

Steve

Everything is included on the web page and the code is put as an attached files becuase there were too many characters. Do you know how to fix it?

I can't see any attached files. So I can't help. Good luck.

Steve

Oops sorry, here it is. Can you help me?

Robotic_arm.ino (9.6 KB)

Hi,

Can you tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

The biggest problem is we are not talking to the originator of the code, so we are as much in the dark as you are.

You need to start with some code to test each of your servos, ONE at a time.

What are you using as a power supply and do you have a schematic diagram?

Do you have a DMM to check some circuit parameters?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

You could try putting a few more Serial.print()s in to see exactly what commands are arriving and what you're writing to the servos.

But to me it sounds like a power or wiring problem. Are you using exactly the same servos as on that web page and the same power connections?

Steve