rocket help needed

Hello--I am a physics teacher and I have bitten off a bit more than I can chew! My students are working on a project to design, build and program a 2L water rocket carrying an Arduino payload (Uno, accelerometer, pressure/force sensor and altimeter). We are hoping to be able to collect data regarding speed, acceleration and altitude, perhaps even being able to determine the amount of force with which the water rocket hits the ground upon landing. Do we need to have the SD cards on board to collect the data or can we program the Arduino to do that, or could we perhaps use a bluetooth?

Also, I have no idea how to help my students combine all this code. Is there anyone out there that can help me? Advice is appreciated.... thanks!

Your rockets will probably go out of range of Bluetooth and honestly, even if not, it would be easier to use the SD card. It's really quite simple: open a file, write a bunch of data to it, close the file.

Unless you only wanted a handful of data points, the Arduino probably doesn't have enough memory storage to save it onboard.

Are you looking to pay someone to do this? The reason I ask is because this is the forum section where you post job offers. The forum members are happy to provide free assistance when people want help learning but there are other forum sections for that.

I am hoping to receive assistance without paying...where would I post this to reach those people? Thanks!

Now posted in Project Guidance

Thread locked