Rogue Servo

An unusual issue this, controlling the speed on continuous rotation servos with the myservo.write(val) command. If val=90, no rotation. If val 0-89 or 91-180 increasing speeds in alternate directions respectively.

'Twas all working superbly one minute, and now the servo continues to rotate in the same direction regardless (and I did literally, literally(!) nothing to it).

Even with a direct myservo.write(90) command which it should obey and not rotate it continues to rotate.

Any ideas?

It sounds like a connection to the servo's internal position feedback potentiometer is broken.

Try a different servo.

How do you power the servo? A voltage regulator may stop working after a minute, if not cooled appropriately.

DrDiettrich: How do you power the servo? A voltage regulator may stop working after a minute, if not cooled appropriately.

I think the doc is right...

I had an old servo that the lube had dried & sticky, this drew an unusually high current overloaded the voltage regulator.

Note: You should never power a servo from the onboard regulator since servos can easly exceed the limits of an arduino output!