ROMEO installation

My computer (MAC) does not allow for the drivers to be installed? Just spent an hour going through forum, nothing works, absolutely infuriated, it's brand new.

What is a ROMEO?

theel33: My computer (MAC) does not allow for the drivers to be installed?

If you are unable to install drivers, that might be something you should solve first.

theel33: Just spent an hour going through forum, nothing works, absolutely infuriated, it's brand new.

What is "nothing"? Without posting WHAT you have tried and the results, it is going to be difficult to give suggestions on what to try.

romeo: http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=56

what i've done: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1143197735

I don't understand what that thread has to do with anything. YOU need to write out the steps YOU have taken to get the FTDI drivers installed.

1) Disconnect all devices that are/should be using the FTDI driver

2) Reboot

3) Delete /System/Library/Extensions/FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext

4) Delete /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

5) Delete /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/*

6) Delete /Library/Receipts/FTDIUSBSerialDriver.pkg

7) Delete /Library/Receipts/FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext

9) Reboot

10) Login in as an administrator user

11) Download and install the latest Mac OS X driver from the FTDI: it's 2.2.0 at the time of writing. Don't be confused because it says "Mac OS X (Intel)", it's actually universal!

12) Reboot

13) Log in as an administrator user. Run the macosx_setup.command

14) If you usually work as a non-admin user, log out and log in as that non-administrator user.

15) Open a terminal and su to your adminstrator user.

16) Run macosx_setup.command again in the su'd shell (this will set the appropriate permissions for your non-adminstrator user. The script is clever enough to infer the correct user name even though you are in a su shell).

17) Reboot and log in. Attach the Arduino board to the USB cable, then plug the other end into the Mac. The kext should load and the appropriate entries in /dev should be created.

18) Start the Arduino IDE and select the correct port. Set the baud rate to 19200. It is best to always use the same physical USB port to connect the board since otherwise, the driver will assign a different serial port to it and you have to select the correct port under "Tools" all the time...

3 more things: Do not connect the board before installing the driver. Do not keep the board attached when you shutdown, reboot or power up. Do not touch the metal casing of the USB port on the board while it is connected/being attached. I believe the combination of those 3 things caused the problems I had...

except I could not find "macosx_setup.command" and there was nothing under extensions, it seems as though FDTI just doesn't want to install...