Rotary Adjustable Time Synchronized Optocoupler Open/Close

(deleted)

kritischer:
In addition to this it's critical that we are at least able to close and open one other signal path having an inductive load. I know I'll need external protection not to harm my device.

When the PWM signal goes LOW, or shortly before or after, the contact should close. Right before the PWM signal is about to go HIGH, the other contact needs to open.

The problem is that we don't know the exact timing of either, hence the manual PWM adjustment. We would like to be able to first synchronize the closure/opening with the PWM Timer but then ALSO be able to make manual adjustments to (Phase?) Of this second signal and control them independently but maintain some kind of synchronization.

We know we need to experiment with both signals based on the load but I'm missing something easy I know it.

I'm trying to be specific to what I'm trying to do without sounding any noober than I am.

If this makes sense to you and you have a recommendation I'd love to know what you'd do if you wanted to do the same thing.

Edit: Minimum duty cycle should be 1%. Max frequency could be 100kHz.

A variable pot might make sense for the phase tuning of the 2ndary output where minimum setting is -90 degrees and max is +90 degrees.

Hi,
What is the full application?
What is the inductive load?
What is the spec of the load?
Are you trying to make a speed controller?
We need more info.
Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Is it associated with this?

kritischer:
When the PWM signal goes LOW, or shortly before or after, the contact should close. Right before the PWM signal is about to go HIGH, the other contact needs to open.

If you use the signal on the PWM pin to operate an external interrupt (rather than using the PWM signal directly) then you can use the ISR from the interrupt to run the code to close and open the contact as well as setting another pin HIGH or LOW for the actual PWM signal.

...R

When the PWM signal goes LOW, or shortly before or after, the contact should close. Right before the PWM signal is about to go HIGH, the other contact needs to open... Max frequency could be 100kHz.

"Contact"? Do you mean mechanical contacts, at 100KHz?

(deleted)