Rotary Encoder Problems

Hi everyone.

So I’m trying to build a liquid dispensing device for my vacation project. I am using an Arduino Nano, ACM INCREMENTAL ROTARY ENCODER and an LCD screen. So, I’m struggling to program the rotary encoder. My arduino reads the pin values even though I didn’t touch the encoder at all. Is there something wrong with my code or is the rotary encoder not compatible with Arduino?

Thanking you all in advance.

Tshego

Your question does not seem to have anything to do with the way the Forum works so i have suggested to the Moderator to move it to the Project Guidance section.

Image from Original Post so we don’t have to download it. See this Simple Image Guide

3165091b175b5a45fc70804944ef59c01a1e0a01.png

…R

Please don't post pictures of text. Just copy and paste the text.

You need to post your program and also a clear diagram showing how you have everything connected. A photo of a pencil drawing will probably be best.

...R

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

How does the code dispense a liquid, what is the input and what is the output, that is please describe your application/hardware.

Also the make and model of your encoder, or link to data/spec sheet.

Thanks.. Tom. :)