Rotary phone that opens a lock

Recently my mother in law and I discussed opening an escape room and we saw an idea on youtube on converting a rotary phone with an Arduino device open a lock with a pass code programmed in specifically to what the player dials into. I just purchased an Arduino starter kit but man am I lost in this precious tech. My question is can someone help me develop a sketch that makes this function possible? Also run me through on how to put all these wires together on the Arduino? Your help would be much appreciated because man am I lost. Thank you

What tutorials and examples have you gone through so far? Are you expecting us to take you from zero to coder on a forum post?

Gameroomstarter: My question is can someone help me develop a sketch that makes this function possible?

Sure, but you have to start. If you want someone to just write code for you there is a section called "Gigs and Collaborations" where you can hire someone to do it.

Gameroomstarter: Also run me through on how to put all these wires together on the Arduino?

What wires?