rotating plan for action cam

Hi, I'd like to assemble a standalone rotor for an action cam like a GoPro. Basically i need a rotating base where to put the cam.
Rotation speed should be very slow like 60sec for 360°.
I was looking for this servo motor

it should be suitable for my needs?
thank you

My Italian is almost non-existent and I cannot tell whether that servo just moves through 180 degrees or whether it is a continuous rotation servo.

You cannot control the position of a continuous rotation servo - only speed and direction. They can move slowly but you would need to experiment to determine the slowest speed. If it is too fast perhaps you could use gearing or a belt-drive to get a slower speed.

Servos which are NOT continuous-rotation move quickly but you can slow them down by instructing them to move in small steps as in the servo sweep example that comes with the Arduino IDE. But the movement might be too jerky for what you want.

...R

Thank you for your response, so, what kind of motor you will use to achieve this?

bl4d3:
Thank you for your response, so, what kind of motor you will use to achieve this?

I would try a continuous rotation servo to start with as they are very convenient.

...R

Bl4d3.

I would go for a stepper motor, say nema17.

Very easy to control the speed and direction.

For control I would use an Arduino R3 with an Adafruit stepper motor shield sitting on top.

Some members on this forum are against the Adafruit stepper shield, however, I reckon they are great and relatively inexpensive.

Ken

A sail winch like below might work for your application.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_42638__Turnigy_8482_TGY_4805_1_5PA_Sail_Winch_Servo_Drum_Type.html

The sail winch servo would be a good choice if you want more than 180 deg of motion and also want to be able to move to a specific position.

Edit to add... unlike a continuous rotation servo you can only control the speed of a sail-winch by asking it to move in small steps.

...R

bl4d3:
Rotation speed should be very slow like 60sec for 360°.

Then go for a reduction geared motor. Do you require precise positioning and/or precise velocity?