Rotation of Valco Valve

Hello,

I am apart of the scientific community at a university. My lab is looking to build a device that can rotate a Valco Valve using an Arduino mega. I am very new to using an Arduino, and thought this forum may assist, in case someone has done this successfully before.

I have found an old forum post with some detail but it does not give much information on how to hook up the Valco Valve to the Arduino:

All of us in the lab are not very well experienced in Arduino and would appreciate any assistance or a good starting path.

Thank you

GeoBakes95:
Hello,

I am apart of the scientific community at the University of Colorado. My lab is looking to build a device that can rotate a Valco Valve using an Arduino mega or Arduino Uno, while releasing Dry Nitrogen with Rotation. I am very new to using an Arduino, and thought this forum may assist, in case someone has done this successfully before.

I have found an old forum post with some detail but it does not give much information on how to hook up the Valco Valve to the Arduino:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=40300.0

All of us in the lab are not very well experienced in Arduino and would appreciate any assistance or a good starting path.

Thank you

The old Arduino forum link says the valve uses RS-232 communication to control the motor that operates the valve. Is this what you are using?

To be able to give any help at all, you must be able to identify the communication protocol and message formats. Does the valve return any messages relating to the current position of the valve?

Paul

Post a link to the data sheet or product page for the Valco Valve you will be using.