RPLidar and Teensy 3.2 need help w/library

The library provided here does not auto load into arduino libraries.

I have tried the ‘add zip library’ and I tried extracting and adding the file manually tot he arduino library.

Can someone point me in correct direction on how to take this info at above link and create a loadable arduino library (not necessarily a functioning library, but at least one that I can access).

Here is my current code:

#include  <RPLidar.h>  

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

and I did read through :
https://www.arduino.cc/en/hacking/libraries

Just add the 2 files (.cpp and .h) and the inc folder in your current arduino sketch folder That should get you started

Great, Thank you for reply J-M-L! And I was just figuring out how to add those and the other files which seems to be working now.

The Arduino IDE's Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library installation method only works with .zip files that contain the library in the root folder of the .zip file. It doesn't work when the library is in a subfolder, as is the case with this repository. It's unfortunate that the author of the library didn't structure their repository in the way that allows for the easiest possible installation, but it's still easy enough to install:

• The first thing you need to do is download the repository. The download link for the repository is only shown on the repository home pages and is not shown when you are in a subfolder of the repository. The repository home page is here:
  • https://github.com/robopeak/rplidar_arduino
  • Click the "Clone or download" button.
  • Click the Download ZIP button.
  • Unzip the downloaded file
  • (In the Arduino IDE) Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library
  • Select the RPLidarDriver subfolder of the unzipped folder.
  • Click "Open".

Congratulations, you have now successfully installed the library the right way, instead of resorting to some hack of copying the library into your sketch.