RS232 Serial

Hi to all, I am a just graduated electronic engineer and these days trying to figure out how to maker RS232 Serial communication. At the building I work, there are 2 cogeneration units, however there is no remote monitoring. Therefore I want to know if any issues accur. Firstly I made a Arduino project in order to watch some priority relays on the system (about crash of the machine and some another electrical or machanical fails) and inform me thanks to the GSM Shield located on Arduino. That worked but this is a primitive way. So I want to go further and when I checked I saw a Inteli Sys NTC Base Box Gen-Set Controller which controls and watchs all of the values on the system 7/24. And there is a RS232 Serial port open. I want to use this port in order to evaluate data inside. I have a RSR232 TTL converter, Arduino and some Arduino Serial Communication codes. I want to plug in the port but ı have no idea what ı will see on the Serial Port Screen. I dont know how can I reach the particular data I want. Do I need to make some settings on the Base Box device or is the port open directly ? I'd like you to direct me on this please. yours sincerely,

First off, using white-space to break up the different thoughts you are writing about makes your stuff much easier to read. A good test of readability is to read your text out loud to yourself. This is what I suggest

Hi to all, I am a just graduated electronic engineer and these days trying to figure out how to maker RS232 Serial communication.

At the building I work, there are 2 cogeneration units, however there is no remote monitoring. Therefore I want to know if any issues accur. Firstly I made a Arduino project in order to watch some priority relays on the system (about crash of the machine and some another electrical or machanical fails) and inform me thanks to the GSM Shield located on Arduino. That worked but this is a primitive way.

So I want to go further and when I checked I saw a Inteli Sys NTC Base Box Gen-Set Controller which controls and watchs all of the values on the system 7/24. And there is a RS232 Serial port open.

I want to use this port in order to evaluate data inside. I have a RSR232 TTL converter, Arduino and some Arduino Serial Communication codes.

I want to plug in the port but ı have no idea what ı will see on the Serial Port Screen. I dont know how can I reach the particular data I want. Do I need to make some settings on the Base Box device or is the port open directly ? I'd like you to direct me on this please. yours sincerely,

...R

I want to plug in the port but ı have no idea what ı will see on the Serial Port Screen. I dont know how can I reach the particular data I want. Do I need to make some settings on the Base Box device or is the port open directly ? I'd like you to direct me on this please.

Unless you can post a link to the datasheet for the Gen-Set Controller I doubt if anyone will be able to help.

You could try using the second example in Serial Input Basics to see what happens. However I suspect the Controller will require commands to be sent to it and they will be specified in the datasheet.

...R

MehmetAlper:
Hi to all, I am a just graduated electronic engineer and these days trying to figure out how to maker RS232 Serial communication. At the building I work, there are 2 cogeneration units, however there is no remote monitoring. Therefore I want to know if any issues accur. Firstly I made a Arduino project in order to watch some priority relays on the system (about crash of the machine and some another electrical or machanical fails) and inform me thanks to the GSM Shield located on Arduino. That worked but this is a primitive way. So I want to go further and when I checked I saw a Inteli Sys NTC Base Box Gen-Set Controller which controls and watchs all of the values on the system 7/24. And there is a RS232 Serial port open. I want to use this port in order to evaluate data inside. I have a RSR232 TTL converter, Arduino and some Arduino Serial Communication codes. I want to plug in the port but ı have no idea what ı will see on the Serial Port Screen. I dont know how can I reach the particular data I want. Do I need to make some settings on the Base Box device or is the port open directly ? I'd like you to direct me on this please. yours sincerely,

I am surprised that as graduated electronic engineer you never learned how to read manuals.
I am sure there is one for the box in question.

I think this type of forums was made for this. To get some advice and help, even if you have never done before. I have no idea how you understand that I can't read the manual.

I leave the datasheet link below for the product(Gen-Set Controller Base Box) I mentioned.

https://www.comap-control.com/getcomapfile/VT0gQj_hXJbVofpVOOPV0wfFjRZxlU4qL3mdOyDo3POiLKjYz0Gb1aUr-3Dxwu2Kfbs5D0BrXa1RgNU3sb6BcV8D0AJcv2Bckxk5yjsw2wPb1NKzQOJB9x22fW2I2_Uh0/InteliSysNTC-BaseBox-Datasheet_1.pdf.aspx

https://www.comap-control.com/getcomapfile/ZY0H4dPG9s1c7Askz7vJGboup5V7sQgvHkWI0ri-c-_dbteO_Zs7-MNf7qbAyEzmyONU5-x2takXaaVi5h_H-o_UgGBhzMFJ2Awu0l0xHxjJ6ZelGnhhAIqKJ4cv-0Uv0/IGS-NT-Communication-Guide-r2_1.pdf.aspx

MehmetAlper:
I think this type of forums was made for this. To get some advice and help, even if you have never done before. I have no idea how you understand that I can't read the manual.

I leave the datasheet link below for the product(Gen-Set Controller Base Box) I mentioned.

ComAp - 403

ComAp - 403

Strike #2.
Error 403 Access Forbidden. Insufficient permissions to download document.
I am not going to bother joining a "club".

If you want help, you had better make it easy for us.