RTC PROJECT HELP

?Hello! I am currently working on a project that requires a relay to be switched on at a certain time using a TinyRTC module. I can't get the code to play out correctly. Could someone help me? :cold_sweat:

mason10198: ? Could someone help me? :cold_sweat:

If you....

• Post circuit
  • Post code
  • Post datasheets or links

... then yes, probably.

Hello! I am currently working on a project that requires a relay to be switched on at a certain time using a TinyRTC module. I understand that this should be fairly simple... but I can't get the code to play out correctly. Could someone PLEASE help me? I don't really have any code yet. Everything I have started on is a bust. I am building a school bell timer to ring before and in-between classes. I have an arduino uno, a sainsmart 2-channel relay module, and a tinyrtc ic2. Currently the bell is operated by a button wich closes the connection between two wires. All I need to do is tell the arduino to switch the relay and close the connection for 'x' amount of time (about 2 seconds) at certain times throughout the day.

without code and external parts spec's.. an accurate diagnosis of your efforts clearly is impossible. So post your best code attempt after using the Auto-formatting too (Ctrl +T), a pencil drawing of your schematics and a clear idea of what you need to do.. Or go find the Time Library in the Arduino playground.. There are several code samples that might be applicable.. The Time library can handle repeated alarms... but it might not be a truly great OOBE.. You might have to add some code to "Stitch" it together. Alternately you could use an irrigation clock.. There are several inexpensive residential devices that can fill the bill, nicely as Mon to Fri and set times usually can be set to eight or more per 24 Hr period per 'zone'. Many of the available devices are quite versatile as to scheduling Three zones or area's can handle Weekday, Saturday and Sunday can be silent or used as the situation requires. Your design looks to require a lot of hardware that apparently you have little experience with.. As a teaching tool your project is an ideal learning experience from several aspects.. How many bells and over what distance and zones.. one minute tardy reminders, are very do-able assuming that Emergency notifications (Fire... general emergencies) for safety are best handled by devices approved for that purpose. in order to avoid questions of suitability to purpose Ideal for home schooling and smaller school use.. With the caveats mentioned and Be assured that I've not aware of them all. Beyond that there are many commercial devices intended to purpose and you may very have to deal with "Approved Equipment sources" to clear the local and state approval/acceptance requirements.. This as a most slippery slope you are on.. How many bells, spread over what area and what other possible uses might this device be responsible for as well?? Some few small thoughts on design parameters and project spec's..

Doc

Hi, please read…

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

before continuing.

Also to get help, please re-edit your subject to something like Help RTC , Relay Activation.

The one you have I guarrantee will be overlooked by at least %50 of forum members, the informative subject will get you help from those who know about the parts you are having problems with.

We do need your sketch posted, and the complete sketch.

Tom…Hope to help… :slight_smile:

Docedison: without code and external parts spec's.. an accurate diagnosis of your efforts clearly is impossible. So post your best code attempt after using the Auto-formatting too (Ctrl +T), a pencil drawing of your schematics and a clear idea of what you need to do..

Which is basically what I said in the OP's other thread.

@OP so you didn't like my answer.... asking same question again is not really the way to get help.

Threads merged.

Break the project into sections.

1. Working with the RTC Module. If its I2C then hook your arduino up to the module, heres an example:(http://www.uctronics.com/uploadfile/userfiles/image/20130820/20130820180007_31041.jpg) and then learn the I2C two wire interface to talk to the module (its very easy with the Wire library, or find example code by searching for your module on google). Then once you are confident with that, move to Step 2.

2. Wiring up the Relay (assuming you know the connections) all you are doing is firing a digital output to switch the relay for a certain interval, when the time from the RTC is correct.

then pull the two sets of code together simple

Hey guys, sorry about the bad post. Just not really sure what im doing. Im pretty new to arduino. I have had some help on this thread, but im still having some problems. feel free to read over the discussion. It contains all the code I have tried using and most of my explanations. let me know of any more needed info.

http://www.element14.com/community/thread/37421?tstart=0