RTL8710 and IDE

Has any of you make this RTL thing work with Arduino IDE?

According to Ameba ARDUINO: Getting Started with RTL8710 – Realtek IoT/Wi-Fi MCU Solutions, beside dev kit, I need a JSON package to add boards in IDE. Which I did. Also, I need to install the mbedWinSerial_16466.exe driver which is a pain in the ass. It says I have to close all open explorer drives, which I did. When I start the EXE file, I get the driver can not be installed as no MBED Microcontrollers are found.

I do plug in a board and it is recognized as a CH340 port. Not as an MBED.

I am just stuck here.

I’m in the same spot, same message and cannot flash the rtlduino.
I found a topic of the same problem out of 2017 with no answer.
I followed the guidelines which most of the time do not address the rtlduino itself but some other boards. Please can, someone who does flash the rtlduino, explain how he did it.

who_took_my_nick:
Has any of you make this RTL thing work with Arduino IDE?

According to Ameba ARDUINO: Getting Started with RTL8710 – Realtek IoT/Wi-Fi MCU Solutions, beside dev kit, I need a JSON package to add boards in IDE. Which I did. Also, I need to install the mbedWinSerial_16466.exe driver which is a pain in the ass. It says I have to close all open explorer drives, which I did. When I start the EXE file, I get the driver can not be installed as no MBED Microcontrollers are found.

I do plug in a board and it is recognized as a CH340 port. Not as an MBED.

I am just stuck here.

Are you using the same board as website said?. There are 2 board, upper one (RTL7810AF, look like nodeMCU) and button one (DAP board). The upper board contain 1 usb port for serial (CH340). The button board contain 2 USB, USB DAP port and USB power port. To flash rtlduino, you need DAP board (see Ameba ARDUINO: Getting Started with RTL8710 – Realtek IoT/Wi-Fi MCU Solutions) because RTL7810AF (upper board) doesn't support serial programming .

There are another method to upload program to rltduino manually (*.bin file). You can use J-link JTAG or combination of OpenOCD and st-link.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.