Rubik's cube Robot solver

@kas

yeah! first gripper is working perfectly! okay lets wait for one more week! :-/

Hey kas!

I received the gripper today! Phew! Finally!

Now i'll assemble the parts and let you know. My exams are from 23rd this month. So, I'll be a bit busy :-(

It compiled, now!! Thanks so much!!

Next step: Python 3.4 installation and configuration (with Idle IDE) When you are done, please post a detailed "how to" for the community

I received the gripper today! Phew! Finally!

I told you to relax ;) Good luck for your exams

Hey kas!

I was wondering what will be the best way to interface the servos such that there will be no jitter in the signals. You have used a custom shield for the servos, can you tell me if I can diy a shield for the 4 servos?

I was wondering what will be the best way to interface the servos such that there will be no jitter in the signals

Can you describe the jitter you are experiencing (at start up / during operation) How do you power the servo's (from the Arduino Vcc / separate supply) Please elaborate

can you tell me if I can diy a shield for the 4 servos?

You can implement the design described in reply #85 As only one servo is running at the same time, you don't need any capacitor

This is my new (cleaner) custom shield

From left to right:

• 3uF 15V tantalum capacitor
  • 1X connector led lamp
  • 4X connectors servo’s
  • DC jack
  • buzzer
  • reset button

this one looks great! can you share the schematic? Whats a tantalum capacitor used for? what is its advantage or difference from the conventional electrolytic one?

this one looks great! can you share the schematic?

No schematic available, these photos should help

|500x304

For convenience, left photo has been mirrored (flip horizontal)

Whats a tantalum capacitor used for? what is its advantage or difference from the conventional electrolytic one?

The capacitor removes noise Tantalum electrolytic capacitors have more Farads per grams, you can use standard ones

hey kas!

my project is almost done....but the cube falls off. This happens since the grippers are slightly off centered....i mean the grippers hold the cube off-centered. Me and my project partners are not being able to figure out how to correct this. I am going to give a last try tomorrow by shifting the grippers closer to each other almost so as they touch each other. Will that work out?

P.S:

Project submission is on 16th :-(

This is my setup
look at the distance between the grippers

Hi dd5665

Your wrist servo’s are not mounted symetric, this may have an impact on alignment
Also make sure that boards are perpendicular

I enclose a pdf for the two boards (also available in eps, dxf, ai)
Important: dimensions are OK for a 57mm Rubik’s cube

Let me know if it helps

SupportV2.pdf (50 KB)

Hey kas!

Thanx a lot for that drawing. We aligned the grippers near-perfectly. Somehow. Theres another problem now. We were using an indian clone called induinoX. I dont knw why but after scanning 4 sides of the cube. The message arduino not responding shows up in the console window.

I tried reducing the baud rate of serial communication in both cube mover.ino as well as in the python script to 9600 but it still doesnot work.

Probably not enough juice for the Arduino try checking with a DVM

How do you power the board ??

I dont know why but after scanning 4 sides of the cube...

Seems that you get problems when the BACK wrist servo starts playing My guess: At some point, this servo may be blocked fully CW or CCW and sucks current try moving the servo arm by one or two steps

No the grippers dont get stuck or anything. When i press scan cube button. it scans the faces one by one but after scanning foursides, when its about to scan the up face. It gives the error.

I power the board using the PC USB

when its about to scan the up face. It gives the error

That's when the BACK wrist servo is energized Try changing back wrist servo

I power the board using the PC USB

=500 mA only :astonished: you get processor brownout You need a 2 amps wall adapter

Google for brownout servo arduino

no i power the servo using a separate SMPS (one used in desktop pcs) only arduino using the usb

Make sure Arduino and servo grounds are connected

possible bad servo is your back wrist servo moving normally for scan #5 (top face) ?? try permuting servo

Do you get error message when running with servo's power OFF ??

Arduino and servo grounds are connected. I tried the test button. this time the grippers move perfectly for all moves. I think the serial communication gets garbled messages?

can that happen? my baud rate is now 9600...should i try and decrease it?

also, what is the front 2 scan function? why should we scan the front face twice?

I think the serial communication gets garbled messages?

You may get noise, check for loose connections

can that happen?

On my bot, communication is rock solid

my baud rate is now 9600...should i try and decrease it?

No

what is the front 2 scan function? why should we scan the front face twice?

This function moves back cube to original position, no scan performed

do not compare ur robot with mine. Yours is like factory made. I wish i could intern with you for 2-3 years. :confused: