Rubik's cube Robot solver

hello all , where can i find kas android program ? thanks lampel

::) ::) ::)

@lampel Did you receive my email message ??

Hi KAS , no i havent :(

i sent you a PM a few days ago , didn't got response so i was thinking you're not available to answer

Please confirm your email address via PM

Check your mail ;) please confirm

hi Kas , still noting.. (i checked the spam folder aswell ) can you PM me your email mybe i will direct send you an email , mybe gmail is blocking JAR files

Thank you! , Got it

Finally ;D Enjoy

Hello kas ,
So i installed your android program ,
I maneged to connect it to the HC 05 module but when i press scan i am getting “setting not supported by camera” error message , do you know this problem ?

when i press scan i am getting "setting not supported by camera" error message , do you know this problem ?

Android code:

parameters.setPreviewFormat(ImageFormat.NV21);
    parameters.setPreviewSize(864, 480);
    parameters.setExposureCompensation(RubikMainActivity.exposureCompensation);
    parameters.setWhiteBalance (RubikMainActivity.WBCompensation);
    parameters.setFocusMode(Camera.Parameters.FOCUS_MODE_MACRO);
    try {
          camera.setParameters(parameters);
         } catch (Exception e) {
          Toast.makeText(getContext(), "setting not supported by camera", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
         }

Your specific IP camera doesn't accept one of those settings ::)

Go to Option set Exposure compensation to zero set White Balance to 'auto' and test again

Let me have your camera model, together with a link to technical specifications

Hi KAS , I tried that and still the same... Its a samsung note 5 , Her is a link to the phone spesification

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note5-7431.php

I will recompile App with modified code:

parameters.setPreviewFormat(ImageFormat.NV21);
    parameters.setExposureCompensation(RubikMainActivity.exposureCompensation);
    parameters.setWhiteBalance (RubikMainActivity.WBCompensation);
    parameters.setFocusMode(Camera.Parameters.FOCUS_MODE_MACRO);
    try {
    } catch (Exception e) {
          Toast.makeText(getContext(), "setting not supported by camera", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
    }

parameters.setPreviewSize(864, 480);
    try {
    } catch (Exception e) {
          Toast.makeText(getContext(), "Preview 864X480 not supported by camera", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
    }

I bet the unsupported feature is the 864X480 display; please confirm

Stay tuned

Check your mail ;)

Hi KAS , so i installed the debug version , i get : "PreviewSize(864,480) not supported"

Makes sense I will compile the updated version within a week

Hi kas ,
Your new version fixed the problem !!!
Thank you what a great guy,
do you have a paypal account can I buy you a coffee???

Your new version fixed the problem !!!

Glad it works :D I built the App using my Motorola Moto G, I really need that type of feedback to polish the code and make it fully usable for other brands with different screen sizes

do you have a paypal account can I buy you a coffee???

I don't drink coffee ;) Thanks for this kind offer anycase

hi Kas , a quick question , in your android app what is the cube scan order ? (F THEN R THEN B Etc...) do i need to set the cube orientation in a particular color order? (put red color in front ,blue color to the left,green color to the right etc...) Thanks

a quick question , in your android app what is the cube scan order ? (F THEN R THEN B Etc...)

Yellow > Red > White > Orange > Blue > Green then back to Yellow Colors are only for showing scan moves order Pay special attention to Top & Bottom faces orientation

do i need to set the cube orientation in a particular color order? (put red color in front ,blue color to the left,green color to the right etc...)

Doesn't matter

Thank you kas ! ,

The complete sketch, including cube.cpp and cube.h posted on #43 seems to be corrupted.. can i find it anywhere else?

This is V1.3 (Maker Faire 2017 release)
Make sure to also download the VarSpeedServo Library

adjust DEBUG_SERIAL according to project type:
true for Python mode or Serial Monitor testing
false for Bluetooth Android mode

Enjoy :wink:

** Please rename file extension to .rar **

CubeMover13_posted.txt (4.55 KB)

i just went through all 22 pages of this project and i wanted to say thanks kas!

your project is totally inspiring. i just got a new arduino kit for my 10 year old son and your cube project is something we're definitely going to work towards.

i might even try to build a 2x2x2 cube solving robot, as i have never seen one of those before!! i think the programming for it would even be easier than one for a 3x3x3. it uses the same sort of standards as your project; basic singmaster notation, and has only corner pieces.

thanks again for the great project and inspiration.

derek...