Rubix A10,Arduino Idea for Simple Project Examples:Web Server

Just a secondary school Arduino Club member, let's say, you try to find a simplest, but powerful enough Arduino project idea for your gettting started.

So, now you are building the simplest one of Arduino basic projects.

You are confident to show your idea even if only a girl in Arduino Club.

Ok, Power on Rubix A10,

After connecting keyboard, mouse and HDMI cable.
you perfect directly online plug Arduino UNO into Rubix A10. So sorry, ATTENTION male pins!

You quickly click Arduino IDE when desktop showing, and select the simplest sketch => blink.
Wow, it works!

Shortcut Ctrl+Alt+T, You open LXTerminal, and input command line,
ip addr
get ip, such as, 192.168.1.69,
you begin double check whether apache web server works good.

So far, you still do nothing even if you so simply show a powerful apache web server,
totally all of your clickings are out of box running Rubix A10 as a powerful Linux server.

So what is real next? How to show a simplest, but still power enough Arduino starter project example?
You smart pick out a temperature sensor from OSEPP Arduino 201 Starter Kit.

You open iMac terminal, input command line, such as,
ssh 192.168.1.69 -l root
and input password.
so easy remote control Rubix A10.

Yes, you are good at changing permissions on /dev/ttyS1,
which is a common Linux tty device to communicate with Arduino compatible board.

You try to show us a simplest idea of Arduino basic projects for reading sensor data.
select Sketchbook => OSEPP_201K => Reading Temperature
and upload sketch using short cut Ctrl+U in Arduino IDE.

Now you edit a small php file, (yes, you so like php which flexible and powerful enough) and save it, such as /var/www/rubix201_1.php

<?php
//init communication over ttyS1
$ttyS = "/dev/ttyS1";
$speed = "9600";
$stty = "stty -F".$ttyS." raw speed ".$speed." -ignpar cs8 -cstopb -echo";
exec($stty);
//read sensor data and show online
$fp = fopen($ttyS, "r");
echo fread($fp, 12);
fclose($fp);
?>

Now, Safari in iPhone show it.

You may open 80 port on router firewall, so let public network access your sensor data.
you like totally control all your data with zero privacy risk, really don't like privacy data filter by other remote servers.

So far, you still do nothing even if you so simply show a very common and open source tech based on popular web server.
you stay at the beginning of Arduino projects.

The core question is, how embed or combine common event programming and OOP tech into any Arduino projects development?
A very good material about Arduino low level ISR tech from Nick Gammon's notes, thanks a lot, Nick.
ISR, which almost like popular client side language event programming, such as javascript, Flex.
and if it is possible, we can simply make any Arduino object with simple {} supported by Arduino compiler then with flexibly object expando,
so, when we code Arduino sketch with these polular tech, we can build a lot of amazing projects, such as large complex LED control system, motion control system.
Any further idea or solution about it? thank you.

You are confident to show your idea even if only a girl in Arduino Club.

Oh dear me, no.

Sorry, here you are owner action in all images, like a movie,
Actually, doing Arduino project, even simplest one, showing like a movie, I like it.
I don't know how to using another word to express it. thank you.

Rubix-Arduino:
Sorry, here you are owner action in all images, like a movie,
Actually, doing Arduino project, even simplest one, showing like a movie, I like it.
I don't know how to using another word to express it. thank you.

This is a spam-bot beta trial, isn't it?

It has to be, it has the same kind of gibberish posted.
Usually a thread that has 10 download links in the first post is pure spam.
I'm not at all tempted to click on those links, so "the team" needs to iron out their buggybot a bit yet.
They did post it in the nonsense part of the forum, so something did go well -or was it moved here ?-

Nobody share any solution or idea?
I think it one day, maybe only smaller code in Arduino sketch and more code in other language will get more flexibility.

Reading from first line to end of line, Nick really write a good topic about ISR,
I don't know how to use the ISR to get as same as event programming.
Arduino common libs has some good samples to get best practices.

This is just noise.
Take a time-out.

... even if only a girl ...

I think this statement alone warrants a full ban.

Amen.

Got my vote.

However my wife offers the alternative explanation that the writer of the post is herself a girl, and is using self-deprecating humour to suggest that the product might attract "even a girl".

Do spam bots have a gender?

Usually a thread that has 10 download links in the first post is pure spam.

It's borderline, that's for sure.

I'm trying here to take into account that different cultures can have a different approach to selling their products. What might seem pushy to us could be perfectly normal, indeed expected, in another country.

Although I'm a little concerned about all the dropbox links.

Don't worry, dropbox is top 1 online website to share images.
Only high resolution images all these links to show each my cooking steps, better to dowload the origin ones.

You native data won't be lost, even if you hope me a hacker.

But still no real forum guests concern my question a little bit?
How simply coding to get a similar event programming, such as you want to using your finger touch iPhone screen to smoothly control your multi colors LED queue in Arduino, example on{touchstart touchmove} or let LED follow your gesture drawing.

I don't know here has a lot of tigers, but I hope so, a little bit tips or simpler code example will be very happy and thanks a lot.

Only high solution images all these links to show each my cooking steps.

I don't know here has a lot of tigers, but I hope so, a little bit tips or simpler code example will be very happy and thanks a lot.

Wuh?

Are these the tigers that come at night, with their voices soft as thunder?

Oh, aye.

Sorry, Tigers here are Arduino experts with a lot of best practices.

Ok, event programming with Arduino still are most concern.

Another forum catalog with a lot of questions about automatic system using Arduino.
I don't know how these automatic system make.

I don't know how your English make.

Sorry, native language totally bad too.

But most my concern is any possible to be easy to base event programming in Arduino?
Maybe the whole forum no any Arduino experts want to share their best practices about it.

So I am still coding and testing it, if my lucky enough in my next Arduino simple project can release and
I will totally share it here again.

Hope I could get there. Hmmm, Yes.

I’m a sucker for single board computers. I have an original Raspberry pi and the newest B2. I have an Intel Edison and a Galileo. I even have a Beagle Bone Black. When I saw a Rubix A-10 advertised at Fry’s I went for it. Let the adventure begin…
I managed to scramble the original Linaro 12.11 image furnished on NAND. As far as I can tell, I had insufficient power on the micro USB port even though I was using a powered hub with a 2A rating.
When I switched to 12V power, I got consistent results but the A-10 would not boot.
On request, the Rubix Service Team sent me a cryptic e-mail with a link to a replacement image on Dropbox.
Disclosure – I’m not a heavy duty Linux hacker.
Following a set of instructions I don’t understand, I managed to burn the replacement image onto a micro SD card and boot the A-10! Following more cryptic instructions and typing in mystery code, I managed to make the A-10 bootable from NAND. Victory! I was back where I started.
Plugging my A-10 into an Arduino clone, I found the pins didn’t fit. It might work on a genuine Arduino but not the Freeduino clone. I installed a set of double ended connectors and got everything working.
Unlike Galileo, the Rubix A-10 does not emulate the ATMEL 328, it just hosts the Arduino IDE. All it does is provide 5V power and a COMM port. With a few familiar keystrokes, I had BLINK running. WOW!
I couldn’t help but notice the Rubix A-10 has the same 26 pin connector as the original Raspberry pi. Is there a Raspberry pi distribution that runs on the A-10?
Conclusion: If you’re a heavy duty Lunux hacker and comfortable building custom distributions, the A-10 is a powerful but aging platform. There are certainly newer and more powerful SOC’s out there. The Linaro distribution is up to 15.3 (year and month) so the 12.11 image is getting a little tired.
If anyone has something newer or more exciting to do with a Rubix A-10 please let me know.
Richard