Run a motor

Hi, I am completly new about everything that has to woth programming and arduino. I've been trying to make this work for over a year now, but I have no idea what I'm doing. This is what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to run a motor for a few seconds and then stop. I think it sounds easy, but when you're completly lost it's not. Im using this code: http://ardx.org/CODE03 Please help!

I am completly new about everything that has to woth programming and arduino.

Spelling, too, apparently.

I've been trying to make this work for over a year now, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Neither do we.

I'm trying to run a motor for a few seconds and then stop.

So, what's the problem?

I think it sounds easy

It is, if you have the right hardware and software.

but when you're completly lost it's not.

What part isn't? You need a motor. Do you have one? You need a power supply appropriate for the motor. Do you have one? You need a motor control shield appropriate for the motor you have. Do you have one? You need some code that implements your (vague) requirements. It's clear that you have some code.

It isn't clear how that code fails to meet your requirements.

frriiday: I'm trying to run a motor for a few seconds and then stop. I think it sounds easy, but when you're completly lost it's not.

Have you learned how to upload a sketch and see it run on the Arduino?

Have you tried modifying the 'blink' example sketch to do what you want but turning on an LED instead of the motor?

Have you got the motor, power supply and driver circuit?

Do you know how to connect them together?

Do you know how to turn the motor on and off from a sketch?

Have you successfully turned the motor on and off?