Running Arduino program through Visual Studios?

Hi,

I was looking around on the internet but could not find anything that controlled an Arduino program through Visual Studios. Ideally I would like to make a easy to use interface in Visual Studios, which would have a start button that would open and run the Arduino code (which is in the Arduino IDE). The reason for doing so is to make it easier to use, and also because it would make converting data to an excel spreadsheet automatic (PLX-DAQ doesn't work on my computer). Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks.

No idea. Guess you will have to invent it.

Visual Studio read/write serial port.

(deleted)

I know C# and VB, that’s about it. I think I am going to use C#. Thanks anyway!

yousimxing:
I know C# and VB, that’s about it. I think I am going to use C#. Thanks anyway!

You do realize that if there is a sketch that has been uploaded to the Arduino and is in its Flash memory, that that sketch aka program will start running the second power is supplied to the Arduino.

This might help. Half way down the page...

Ideally I would like to make a easy to use interface in Visual Studios, which would have a start button that would open and run the Arduino code (which is in the Arduino IDE). The reason for doing so is to make it easier to use,

I'm totally confused about what you want to do... Do you want to run or control an Arduino from Visual Studio? Develop an Arduino program (sketch) with Visual Studio? Develop an application on the computer that runs in conjunction with a sketch running on the Arduino?

I know C# and VB, that's about it. I think I am going to use C#.

Of course you can use any language you like to write an application for the computer, even if that application "talks to" the Arduino.

The Arduino IDE (which of course uses C++) is one of the things that makes the Arduino GREAT, and gives the Arduino advantages over any other random microcontroller, as well as advantages over the ATmega chip by itself.

The "Arduino language" is C++ and it's a bit silly to go off-the-reservation and use something else. It can be done but you'll be on your own with little or no support. (Except there are cases where you may need to use Assembly language.)

Thanks for the suggestions, the link really helped!

yousimxing:
Thanks for the suggestions, the link really helped!

And doesn't that link boil down to what I wrote in Reply #2 above ?

If you are not going to phrase your question properly, the phrase garbage in (your question) = garbage out (our replies) applies.