running continuous servo with arduino (HELP)

Hi, i'm a high school student making a coin pusher and for the pushing mechanism i'm using a continuous servo so that i can control the speed that it moves. I've done a lot of research for the past few days and i cant really find what i need. I've never used an arduino before and i don't even know what i need to get. i guess really what i need to know or help on is how to run the servo with the arduino and what all i need. if you can help that would would be great.

Thank you!

You have not provided much information.

Servos are controlled by the Arduino's Servo library. With a regular servo the instruction myServo.write(36); would make the servo move to the angle of 36 degrees. With a continuous rotation servo the angles are interpreted as speeds with zero speed being about 90 degrees (you need to experiment to find the exact value) and 0degrees will be full speed in one direction and 180degrees will be full speed in the other direction.

...R

And you need a power supply which can deliver the maximum peak current that the servo requires. Servos are often unusual voltages, like 6 volts, but it doesn't harm the servo to run it on a slightly lower voltage like 5V.

Thank you @MorganS and @Robin2

I’ve been looking and there are many different types of Arduinos and I’m not sure which one i would need to buy.

landinzimmerer:
I've been looking and there are many different types of Arduinos and I'm not sure which one i would need to buy.

Any one of them will do what you need.

An Uno is usually the best Arduino for a beginner because most programs and add-ons work with it.

...R