Running multiple experiments at a time

Hello All,

I am learning Arduino and trying to do multiple experiments in parallel. Do I need to have one Arduino for one experiment?
I mean, I need to solder the connections in an experiment and run it continuously. I just have one Arduino with me.
Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance,

What do you mean by “experiment”?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

I mean a project... I have gone through multi-tasking with Arduino too.. But the two projects setups are located away from each other. So I can not use single Arduino board for both the projects.

Chandanatanguturi:
I mean a project... I have gone through multi-tasking with Arduino too.. But the two projects setups are located away from each other. So I can not use single Arduino board for both the projects.

Do the two Arduinos need to be connected or communicate with each other?
What model Arduinos are you using?
What are each of the Arduinos doing?
Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Chandanatanguturi:
... But the two projects setups are located away from each other....

How far apart are the experiments?
What are the I/O requirments for each experiment?
What response times are required and how much data will be captured?

Tom,
Two Arduinos are not required to communicate with each other. Entirely individual projects. One Arduino for my water irrigation project and another in entirely different field.

If you want to run two unrelated projects using different external hardware at the same time then of curse you need two Arduinos.

However if "at the same time" means that you would work on project A before lunch and work on project B after lunch then at lunchtime you could probably disconnect the Arduino from project A, re-program it and connect it to project B for the afternoon work.

...R

If the two sketches can both fit in memory then you could program them as one larger sketch.
Have a switch for a or b
Plug in the sensors for project a
Move switch to a

Power up
The sensors could be very different.
The limitation is memory size.
However with the low cost of clones getting a second arduino might be better.

Personally I would use 2 processors, even the brand named ones are in the $10 to $20 USD

I would build the projects on prototype perf/plug boards - then you can move things around and change wiring if needed, then gets some solder boards that match the perf/plug boards and solder to then regular board - makes moving from one to the other easier if the holes and such match

My thoughts are to put the arduino in an enclosure with display.
Then have a plug on each project.
Moving it from one to the next would be easy..
Reading between the lines. The idea of one arduino that can run two different projects is interesting.
The exercise to make it so is also a great learning experiance