RXTX java library can't enumerate ports in OSX?

Hello!

The Arduino Java app is able to do something that I can't seem to replicate. Can you please tell me what I'm missing?

Hardware: 2GHz Intel Core Duo Macbook Pro running OSX 10.6.5 connected via USB to an Arduino Mega 2560.
Software: Java code (http://github.com/i-make-robots/drawbot) using RXTX (rxtx.qbang.org).
Compiler: Eclipse
Problem:
When I run my Java app the first thing that appears is a dialog box. At the top it says "gnu.io.rxtx.properties has not been detected. there is no consistant means of detecting ports on this OS. It is necessary to indicate which ports are valid before proper port enumeration can happen. Please check the valid ports and select Save." Below that is a list of guesses at the names of serial devices in the /dev/ folder. Every guess is wrong. I can't seem to correct the guesses or get past this screen.

AFAIK Arduino 1.0 appears to be using the same RXTX library as I am. I have made sure that the RXTX libraries are in my project/lib folder so that they won't interfere with other projects on the Mac.

Searching online I saw that adding "-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/tty.brainlink:/dev/cu.brainlink" (without quotes) to the VM arguments might help. Didn't seem to work.

What am I missing?

Thank you very much!