RXTX problem on a MacBook Air

So now the next Problem... I wantet to use the exact same code that works on my Windows but on my mac. I switched out the dlls for a jnilib. So that rxtx should work on my mac... but everytime I try to start the Programm stops with an error:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x000000010d096418, pid=17666, tid=4867
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_60-b19) (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.60-b09 mixed mode bsd-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [librxtxSerial.jnilib+0x3418]  read_byte_array+0x44
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /Users/kjh/Documents/smart_1/smart_1/hs_err_pid17666.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

And here the content of /Users/kjh/Documents/smart_1/smart_1/hs_err_pid17666.log:

So from my understanding that is an error in rxtx, so there is nothing I can do... but maybe you have an idea.

If there is no hope would JSSC work on windows mac and also linux? And if it would can somebody link a good tutorial on how to use is because using rxtx was very hard...

I also changed COM3 to /dev/tty.usbmodem1411 to use the right serial port...

I am reffering to the Code in that post:

Thanks to myself solving the Problem. :smiley:

For everyone that encounters the same Problem here the fix:

The problem is that the downloaded native libary for mac is compiled for 32bit but your mac runs with 64bit.

The fix is to use a 64bit native libary. You can download one there: Java 6 and librxtxSerial.jnilib on Intel Mac OS X | Robert Harder

I believe JSSC works everywhere. Certainly on Linux and I think I have tested it briefly on Windows 7.

...R