Sainsmart 3.2 inch TFT Touchscreen interface with Arduino Due Board.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Please refer the below link tells that the sainsmart 3.2" TFTDisplay voltage is 3.3V only.
The link tells that we can connect Arduino Due with Sainsmart 3.2" TFT Display using the TFT Shield board.

Here is the First link:

Here is the second link:

Please let us know that the Arduino Due supports for Sainsmart 3.2" TFT Touchscreen Display.?

OH FFS - do you have any idea what you are doing? As well as reducing the current you will be reducing the brightness to virtually zero.

I am keeping the Provision for adjusting from 1 usec to 9.9msec. This parameter is adjustable in touchscreen.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Please refer the below link tells that the sainsmart 3.2" TFTDisplay voltage is 3.3V only.
The link tells that we can connect Arduino Due with Sainsmart 3.2" TFT Display using the TFT Shield board.

Here is the First link:

Here is the second link:

Please let us know that the Arduino Due supports for Sainsmart 3.2" TFT Touchscreen Display.?

OH FFS - do you have any idea what you are doing? As well as reducing the current you will be reducing the brightness to virtually zero.

I am keeping the Provision for adjusting from 1 usec to 9.9msec. This paramater is adjustable in touchscreen.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Hi,

I am Planning to use Sainsmart 3.2 inch TFT LCD Touchscreen interface with Arduino Due board.
Did anyone used this interface. I am attaching an image of Sainsmart 3.2 inch tft display along with TFT Shield board. Kindly suggest.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Read this relevent thread, reply #13:

prakashvenugopal:
Please let us know the Arudino Due board is Hardware and software compatible with Sainsmart 3.2" Touchscreen Display?

prakashvenugopal:

prakashvenugopal:

prakashvenugopal created a new thread (well three of them actually) for this topic:

@prakashvenugopal, stop cross-posting.

Hi ard_newbie,

Thanks very much for your post. From the post, i understand that we can interface Sainsmart 5" inch Touchscreen can be interfaced with Arduino Due Board.

Please answer the following question to order Arduino Due board:

1. Did Sainsmart 3.2 inch Touchscreen and Sainsmart 5 inch Touchscreen are pin compatible. If Sainsmart 5 inch Touchscreen able to interface. so we can interface 3.2" Tft Touchscreen also.?

2. I am already using 3.2 inch TFT Touch + Shield for Arduino mega 2560 + Arduino mega 2560 sucessfully.
    Now i can use 3.2 inch TFT Touch+ Shield for Arduino mega 2560 + Arduino Due board?? will the Shield PCB compatible for both Arduino mega 2560 and Arduino Due board?? Please let us know.

3. 3.2 Inch TFT Touch can be interface directly with Arduino Due board without using Shield for Arduino mega 2560??

4. Will UTFT and UTouch libraries used in Atmega 2560 can be used for Arduino Due also??

Kindly let us know.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Your Mega Adapter shield will work with the Due or with Mega.

You can buy a special Due Adapter Shield e.g. Due Adapter.
Note that this will NOT work with a Mega. And you use a special #define with UTFT. ( define CTE_DUE_SHIELD in HW_ARM_defines.h )

Yes, you can hand-wire to the Due. A Shield is going to work 100%. Hand-wiring is not reliable.

Yes, UTFT will work with both Mega2560 or Due.

David.

Hi,

Thanks for clearing my doubts.

1. Did Sainsmart 3.2 inch Touchscreen and Sainsmart 5 inch Touchscreen are pin compatible.? If Sainsmart 5 inch Touchscreen able to interface with Arduino due. so we can interface 3.2" Tft Touchscreen also in Arudino Due??

Kindly answer this too to Purchase the arduino Due board.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Yes, the CTE Adapter uses the same pins for Touchscreen as your Sainsmart Adapter.

Sainsmart tends to just manufacture copies of other company's products. I suspect that the "CTE Adapter" in my link might have been made by Sainsmart and not ColdTears.

Note that Sainsmart have a reputation to maintain. Inspect their products for bad soldering, bad links, ...

David.

Hi,

Thank you so much. Many of the search results tells that the Arduino Due board is obsolete. Some of the result tells that china clone boards are available.

Is this safe to go for the Product Development with Arduino Due board.? will get supply of boards in future for our production? Kinldy let us know to go with Arduino Due board for my Development.

Here is the link for Amazon Purchase link:

Arduino ARD-A000062 Due Original | Genuine Arduino Due : Amazon.in: Industrial & ScientificD_BwE_k&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp5Oj2_Sz4gIVDB4rCh1niA8lEAAYASAAEgJR-_D_BwE

Regards,
V. Prakash

Only Indians can understand the Indian market.

As far as I know, Arduino are manufacturing genuine Due boards again.
There have always been Chinese clone Due boards.

I would expect Chinese Due clones to be available for many years.
Arduino (Italy) may or may not.

I would expect Chinese TFT and Mega Adapters to be available for many years. Due Adapters are less likely.

Seriously. A TFT shield means a 2-layer sandwich. TFT + Adapter + Arduino means a 3-layer sandwich.

David.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I had checked in the Indian Market and found that the Arduino Due boards are available here. I am planning to purchase the same for my Develpment. Thank You.

Regards,
V. Prakash

@ David_Prentice,

Your Mega Adapter shield will work with the Due or with Mega.

Please confirm that the
Arduino Due+ TFT Shield for Mega adoptor + 3.2” TFT -- Possible interface?

The TFT Shield for Mega adaptor drops 5V to 3.3V on all data lines for TFT, Touch and SD Card module.

If it is used with Due then 3.3V will drop further to say 1.5V and it will never work.?

Kindly let me know
Arduino Due+ TFT Shield for Mega adoptor + 3.2” TFT -- Possible interface?

Regards,
V. Prakash

You bought the Sainsmart Adapter. It is up to you to investigate the schematic.
Obviously Sainsmart provide complete crap schematic on their web page link to schematic

1. Just follow one line of the data bus.
  2. Is it a single series resistor ?
  3. Or is it a potential divider with two resistors?
  4. What value resistors?

Likewise, you will have to trace the control signals e.g. TFT_CS

And trace the power lines e.g. whether there is a 3.3V regulator on the display.

If it is "series" resistor the Adapter should work with Due.
If it is "potential divider" the 3.3V data lines from Due will be 2.1V signals at the TFT controller.

Most TFT controllers will expect 2.8V logic. They are tolerant of 3.3V logic. They will probably work with 2.1V logic.

David.

p.s. you could always ask Sainsmart for an accurate schematic. Avoid low flying pigs.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am having the TFT shield board with 10k series resistor only. So from that, i understand that the

Arduino Due+ TFT shield for Mega adaptor in my hand + 3.2" TFT Touchscreen can be interfaced.

I had attached the Image of my board for your reference.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Arduino mega, TFT Display, displayshield back view.jpg

Arduino mega, TFT display, display shield Front view.jpg

TFT Shield for Mega Back view.jpg

TFT Shield for Mega Front view.jpg

Just plug the Display, Adapter into the Due.

Build any of the UTFT examples for the Due using the same constructor as you used for the Mega2560. i.e. model=SSD1289

You can buy a special Due Adapter Shield e.g. Due Adapter
Note that this will NOT work with a Mega. And you use a special #define with UTFT. ( define CTE_DUE_SHIELD in HW_ARM_defines.h )

Your Adapter should work fine with the default UTFT settings. Do not edit HW_ARM_defines.h file.

David.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes. I already worked in the Display with Arduino Mega + TFT shield for Mega + 3.2" TFT.
From the post i understand that Without changing my Project, I have to check
Arduino Due + TFT Shield for Mega+ 3.2" TFT with the same project.
With out changing any code in HW_ARM_defines.h file.

If i use Arduino Due + TFT Shield for Due+ 3.2" TFT, i have to change the code in HW_ARM_defines.h file.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Hi David,

I had purchased my Arduino Due board. Here is the Test result with the code:

Arduino Mega 2560 + TFT Shield for Mega + Sainsmart 3.2"inch TFT Touchscreen – Working fine

Arudino Due + TFT shield for Mega + Sainsmart 3.2" inch TFT Touchscreen – not working(shows the blank screen) with same code.

I am attaching the code for your reference. Did any settings to be changed in the code or any supporting files to be changed to interface:
Arudino Due + TFT shield for Mega + Sainsmart 3.2" inch TFT Touchscreen ??

Any Delays to be adjusted to interface the Arduino due to interface with 3.2" inch TFT Touchscreen??

Kindly let us know. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V. Prakash

UTouch_ButtonTest.ino (6.1 KB)

Install current UTFT v2.8.3
Install current URTouch v2.0.2

I would expect UTFT_Demo_320x240 example to run on both Mega and Due.
Please confirm.

Likewise, I would expect URTouch examples to work on both Mega and Due.
Please report.

I do not have schematic for your Sainsmart Adapter.

You can ask Sainsmart for schematic. You can compare the schematic with the actual board that you have bought.
Check wrong solder-bridges, bad etching, bad soldering, wrong components, ... Sainsmart have a reputation to maintain.

The URTouch code has no concept of hardware SPI. It bit-bangs GPIO pins.
The 10k series resistors should be safe for 5V output signals from a Mega.
They should also work with 3.3V output signals from a Due.

Likewise, the XPT2046 output signals need series resistors to be safe for Due input pins.

I suspect that Sainsmart will never reply to you.
So you will have to do your own detective work i.e. draw your schematic from examining pcb traces.

There is no point in trying to write your own Touch programs until you have run all the library examples.

David.