Sainsmart 3.2 tft shield wont respond

I am using a sainsmart mega 2560. I have tried wiring it without the adjust shield and with the shield. All it does is light up and displays nothing but a white screen. I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas? If you do please let me know. By the way I have no compile errors.

The same thing happened to me. Just keep flashing it and on the ~20th time it will work. After that it will always flash OK. I am using 1.03 and I have the shield too.

I would recommend verifying your screen, I have recently received a sainsmart kit ( off ebay store ) and they provided me with an incorrect screen.

Instead of an SSD1289, I have received what look like another one of my screens which has the driver ‘HX8347A’ and is marked ‘TFT_320QVT’

I just verified it with UTFT,

My SSD1289 screen works with:

UTFT  Display( ITDB32, 38, 39, 40, 41);

For my screen marked ‘TFT_320QVT’ I was able to get it working with ‘ITDB32S’ as the first parameter.

Hope this helps.

most places I see use a different library.
I found the UTFT library worked well with the sainsmart screen and I had a program that printed hello world but if you want a quick easy copy paste job

#include <UTFT.h>

// Declare which fonts we will be using
extern uint8_t BigFont[];
extern uint8_t SevenSegNumFont[];

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino 2009/Uno
//UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,19,18,17,16);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino Mega
UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,38,39,40,41);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

void setup()
{
  myGLCD.InitLCD();
  myGLCD.clrScr();
  myGLCD.setFont(BigFont);
}

void loop()
{
    myGLCD.print("Text rotation", 0, 0);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 0, 255);
    myGLCD.print("0 degrees", 0, 16, 0);
    myGLCD.print("90 degrees", 319, 0, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180 degrees", 319, 239, 180);
    myGLCD.print("270 degrees", 0, 239, 270);

myGLCD.setFont(SevenSegNumFont);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 255, 0);
    myGLCD.print("45", 90, 100, 45);
    myGLCD.print("90", 200, 50, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180", 300, 200, 180);

while (true) {};
}

Report to moderator   Logged

install the utft library from
Electronics - Henning Karlsen first though

I have tried all your suggestions but nothing happens. I failed to mention that the screen is TFT_320QVT and the shield is 1.2.
Here is the code.

// UTFT_Textrotation_Demo (C)2012 Henning Karlsen
// web: http://www.henningkarlsen.com/electronics
//
// This program is a demo of the textrotation-functions.
//
// This demo was made for modules with a screen resolution 
// of 320x240 pixels.
//
// This program requires the UTFT library.
//

#include <UTFT.h>

// Declare which fonts we will be using
extern uint8_t BigFont[];
extern uint8_t SevenSegNumFont[];

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino 2009/Uno
//UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,19,18,17,16);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino Mega
UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,38,39,40,41);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

void setup()
{
  myGLCD.InitLCD();
  myGLCD.clrScr();
  myGLCD.setFont(BigFont);
}

void loop()
{
    myGLCD.print("Text rotation", 0, 0);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 0, 255);
    myGLCD.print("0 degrees", 0, 16, 0);
    myGLCD.print("90 degrees", 319, 0, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180 degrees", 319, 239, 180);
    myGLCD.print("270 degrees", 0, 239, 270);

myGLCD.setFont(SevenSegNumFont);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 255, 0);
    myGLCD.print("45", 90, 100, 45);
    myGLCD.print("90", 200, 50, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180", 300, 200, 180);

while (true) {};
}

Hi, I have two different screens, both labelled ‘TFT_320QVT’ and confirm they both work with the ITDB32S for the HX8347A driver.

And I just tested that code too, it worked fine.

I’m using v1.0 of the shield, I’m pretty sure the changes if any only affect the spi connection for the SD. The screen connections aren’t changed.

Flash the board to the bare minimum sketch, and un/re-plug the arduino to turn off the LCD, the Arduino cannot reset the screen properly when you upload.

pYro_65: Hi, I have two different screens, both labelled 'TFT_320QVT' and confirm they both work with the ITDB32S for the HX8347A driver.

And I just tested that code too, it worked fine.

I'm using v1.0 of the shield, I'm pretty sure the changes if any only affect the spi connection for the SD. The screen connections aren't changed.

Flash the board to the bare minimum sketch, and un/re-plug the arduino to turn off the LCD, the Arduino cannot reset the screen properly when you upload.

I tried what you said but same results.

Is my project a lost cause?

I know it is mentioned here but not LOUD enough I believe.

You must Import the UTFT Library into core Arduino libraries In Arduino do Sketch -> Import Library -> Add Library -> Browse to where you In Zipped UTFT folder -> Select that If it works then you should see UTFT in the library List.

Works for me Mega2560 / Sainsmart 3.2 TFT_320QQT. Hope that helps

Samuel10:
Is my project a lost cause?

I bought a Sainsmart 3.2 tft shield with the adapter shield and Mega. I plugged it in, ran the UTFT test, and it worked first time.

So, although your project is not a lost cause, it sounds like you should send the screen back and get another.