Salvaged LCD, servo, motors, sensors

I've just picked up not so old VCR/VHS unit by Matsui, and I have few questions regarding the investigation of pinouts on salvaged items (servo, sensors, led, LCD).

Where can I find: 1. resource of unit documentation for Matsui VX-1108? 2. help on reverse engineering the LCD poinouts for arduino?

Thanks for any help, links are welcome :)

ps. Im new to dev-boards but I learn faast.

Where can I find: 1. resource of unit documentation for Matsui VX-1108? 2. help on reverse engineering the LCD poinouts for arduino?

1) I typed Matsui VX-1108 into google, and got 15,700 hits. I'm willing to bet that you could do the same.

2) Each component should have some information regarding maker, model number, etc. on it. If it does, see #1. If not, you'll need to make some educated guesses. Servos should be pretty easy - they only have 3 wires, usually color-coded. Black is ground, red is power, brown is the signal wire.

Led's are really simple. They only have 2 legs. Hook it up one way. If it works, you got it right. If not, hook it up the other way.

LCDs are the hardest. They have anywhere from 3 wires to 60+. You will need either a datasheet or a lot of luck.

I was hoping for LCD solutions... :-/ It has 26 pins (2+22+2), 52~ leds (light elements) and it all is soldered to one board (whole vcr) soe there is no specific (serial) board for LCD.

I did google, but all that is coming out is pay per download, so no luck with free sites regarding the specs of the unit.

I was thinking about sites like pinouts.ru, are there more like this one outthere?

Thnk you for replay.

I nanagd to unsolder LCD and it turnout to be Samsung SVV-07SS22, so it led me to this service manual

http://75.151.117.41/manuals/Toshiba/VCR/W501.PDF see pge 41 of 56 :D

ftp://ftp.cb.spb.ru/.1/Mirrors/ftp.qrz.ru/pub/1unsorted/RM3/aiwa/gx900.pdf see pge 69 of 90 :D

and looks like its almost the same pcb board, even the same remote.

Thanks for inputs and sorry for the wrong subcategory (should be Hardware, made mistake at beginning. :-[)

Sunglare:

Thanks for inputs and sorry for the wrong subcategory (should be Hardware, made mistake at beginning.)

I think you will find that the majority of the people who answer questions on this forum look at all or most of the subcategories and they aren't too concerned if a question is posted in the wrong place.

What really gets them mad, however, is spending a lot of time answering a question that you placed in one category and then discovering that someone had already answered the same question that you had posted in another category.

That is why you got the complaint about cross posting and you probably owe someone an apology.

Don