Same code has errors in raspi

Hi, using 1.8.9 x64 on Mint-19.2+Cinnamon, this code compiles and works fine,
On the raspi, 1.8.9 x32 on Debian Stretch Release date: 2019-04-11, Kernel version: 4.9 I get a ton of warnings

Why does it compile and work OK on Mint, but not the Pi?

Should I ignore the errors on the Pi or what must I do to correct them?

Thanks

char *arrOne[] = {
  "Bread Recipe",  // 0
  "Loaf Size",     // 1
  "Crust Color",   // 2
  "Next Step",     // 3
  "\0"
};  // RASPI ERROR HERE = ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to 'char**'
     // There are about 60 of those

uint8_t lcdMenu(char** arr, uint8_t aCt, int8_t aVal) {
  lcd.clear();
  for (uint8_t i = 0; i < aCt; i++) {
    lcdStr(2,i,String::String(arr[i]));  // RASPI ERROR HERE = cannot call constructor 'String::String'
    if (i == aVal) {
      lcd.setCursor(1,i);
      lcd.print(F("*"));
    }
  }
  return menuMenu(aCt - 1);

uint8_t lcdMenuOne() {
bool OK = false;
  do {
    switch(lcdMenu(arrOne,arr4,-1)) {
      case 0:
        breadRec = lcdMenu(arrRec,arr4,breadRec);
      break;
        OK = breadRec != -1;
        if (!OK) {
          lcdStr(0,3,F("Must Select Recipe"));
          delay(5000);
        }
      break;
    }
  } while (!OK);
}
}

Try Raspberry Pi Forums - Index page

Idahowalker:
Try Raspberry Pi Forums - Index page

Thanks but already tried 2-days back and no help so far.
It seems to have more to do with Arduino than the Pi? The errors are all within the 1.8.9-IDE and it does compile, just with lots of the same errors.

Start by posting a complete program that demonstrates the errors

const char * const arrOne[] = {
  "Bread Recipe",  // 0
  "Loaf Size",     // 1
  "Crust Color",   // 2
  "Next Step",     // 3
  "\0"
};

SalineSolution:
I get a ton of warnings

SalineSolution:
Should I ignore the errors

Are they warnings or errors? There is a very important difference. Errors are things that cause your program to not compile. You'll know them because they start with the word "Error". Warnings are the compiler bringing your attention to something that doesn't prevent compilation, but could possibly be a problem. You'll know then because they start with the word "Warning".

The fact that you think you could ignore the "errors" and that you say "it does compile" makes me think they are actually warnings. You can ignore warnings. You can't ignore errors.

In the future, please be very careful to use the correct terminology to avoid confusion and wasted time. If you want to have success with programming and electronics, it's essential to train yourself to be very precise. It's best to take the same approach here on the forum.

If they are warnings, likely the reason is that you have warnings enabled on the Pi, but not on the other computer. You can set the warning level at File > Preferences > Compiler warnings.